Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 08:31:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encounter at the rig  (Read 1349 times)

Boardwriter

• Forum member
Encounter at the rig
« on: March 12, 2012, 14:13:45 »

I have been waiting 45 minutes after tying up the Tugboat alongside the Sherpa. Neither the Sherpa, Tugboat or the RPA boat have got any orders or directions to proceed. Only the RPA has got destinations not used yet but no green pointer has shown itself. How long does it take the Sherpa to talk to the " Hijackers "?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Encounter at the rig
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 16:44:11 »

Hi Boardwriter,
This mission is really not too clear on what one is intended to do. ::) It can be interpreted in a few different ways, which is not a great deal of help. One thing I would ask though. Did you download more than one mission from the list at any one time? Sometimes if you download more than one mission at a time the waypoints get mixed up between missions, which makes things very awkward. :doh:  If you delete the mission in question, and re-download it, by itself, it could well solve the problem for you. Having said that, I find the mission rather unsatisfactory in the way instructions are given. Sorry I cannot be more specific than that. I did manage to re-play it after a long, long time but it was as much by guesswork as by following the instructions. :o

Regards,
Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Boardwriter

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 16:53:21 »

Thank you for the reply. I would say you hit the nail on the head with the downloading. It's not the only mission on my system that causes me the same grief. So perhaps it is because I did install a lot of the mission in one foul swoop. I will do as you suggested and delete them and take my time installing them again. Thank once again for that bit of insight.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 17:00:36 »

We all tend to learn best the hard way!! Hope it will help anyway, as there is so much good playing to be had from the custom missions, even though not all are of the same standard. That particular one was made very early in the history of the game, which possibly accounts for the problems.

Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines