Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 21:39:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.5 update Discussion  (Read 6631 times)

• Forum member
1.5 update Discussion
« on: February 22, 2012, 21:59:45 »

So, the really big thing that hit me is the there is NO MORE SINKING!!   :thumbdown: Ugg, really there goes reality out the door! I am not complaining  and please do not lock this topic.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: 1.5 update Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 22:04:50 »

It was even stated that sinking was disabled. Why else do you think I still use Word 2004?  ;)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 22:05:08 »

@2000:
So, the really big thing that hit me is the there is NO MORE SINKING!!    Ugg, really there goes reality out the door! I am not complaining  and please do not lock this topic.

No more sinking is only in the Multiplayer environment. Vstep has disabled sinking in MP mode due to malignent players who did deliberately sinking other players. That gave much annoyances.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 22:22:58 »

As far as I know damage is now turned off by default. If you wish you can switch it on for your own ship.. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 22:27:56 by saltydog »

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:41 »

@Saltydog:
As far as I know damage is now turned off by default. If you wish you can switch it on for your own ship.. Smiley

I don't know if you can switch on the damage for your own ship. I will have a look at it.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:44 »

I was wrong, in MP you can't toggle damage on/off. I saw the box and assumed it.
In Free roam it is possible..

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 12:25:27 »

@Saltydog:
I was wrong, in MP you can't toggle damage on/off. I saw the box and assumed it.
In Free roam it is possible..

Vstep has correctly switched off damage in MP mode to avoid players deliberately ramming each others with sinking as result. That gave very much annoyances.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 15:01:20 »

That gave very much annoyances.

Tell me about it  ;) I thought there was a damage on/off in the previous MP, but maybe I'm mistaken..

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 15:10:08 »

@Saltydog:
Tell me about it  Wink I thought there was a damage on/off in the previous MP, but maybe I'm mistaken..

There were some offending players who only liked deliberately sinking ships of other players. That gave much annoyances and complaints.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 15:47:32 »

Yes, that was very annoying..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 17:48:34 by saltydog »

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 17:58:03 »

It was even stated that sinking was disabled. Why else do you think I still use Word 2004?  ;)
?
This Game Is Epic

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 00:45:14 »

Here, it says that sinking is disabled:
[ Multiplayer ]
* Fixed issue where creating ropes on your own server would not work properly.
* Improved rope / towing bahaviour.
* Connection points updated when ropes are changed, prevents issue where connection points show incorrect information.
* Prevented an issue where leaving a server would leave a 'ghost'-ship behind.
* Horns and watercanons are now syncronized.
* Sinking has been disabled.
* Players'  names displayed above the ships (optional)
* Statistics being tracked

Also, I compared that with Windows Word 2004 because of the yearly changes to it.  ;)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

SenceX

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 01:24:47 »

[ Multiplayer ]
* Fixed issue where creating ropes on your own server would not work properly.
* Improved rope / towing bahaviour.
* Connection points updated when ropes are changed, prevents issue where connection points show incorrect information.
* Prevented an issue where leaving a server would leave a 'ghost'-ship behind.
* Horns and watercanons are now syncronized.
* Sinking has been disabled.
* Players'  names displayed above the ships (optional)
* Statistics being tracked

So it only in multiplayer sinking is disabled.. I can still sink ships in single player.

ac_freeman

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:33 »

I have been away from SSE for some time as I was becoming so frustrated with all of the bugs/issues, for example I had created missions for Dover/Calais which had been ruined by a bug which caused all Albatross AI to have the bow door open, even at sea - popped back on here a few days ago to see if there were any interesting discussions and saw that there had been an update........tried one of my missions last night and the bow door issue seems to have been fixed :-) I also noticed that on POR the stern thrusters have gone ( realistic as the real ship does not have stern thrusters ), the rudders now have separate indicators and there are two new small levers which I have not yet figured out ( separate rudder trim controls? ). Nice to be able to report something positive....and I can hopefully now start enjoying SSE again rather than cursing it :-)

regards,

Andy

ac_freeman

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 23:18:28 »

Spoke too soon - downloaded Oceana, first sailing grounded with 5M indicated under the hull....what nonesense, SSE would not shut down and had to power off the desktop - back to Railworks for me, I just don't have the patience for this any more, sad as I have always really wanted to enjoy this software.....good luck to those of you who stick with it.

Andy

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 00:46:47 »

andy, you will unfortunetly not be missed since you have already paid for sse and your newest addon ship. i am wondering that anybody is still willing to spend a cent here where it is abvious that you get little joy but many bugs for you money...

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 02:46:44 »

for me, ACR, its the opposite, i get many joy and little bugs. ;D

i think it has to do with the game version (vstep or steam)
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 05:15:54 »

i think it has to do with the game version (vstep or steam)

Can you explain this a bit?

I have the boxed version from Vstep(no Steam version), and I am realy bored with this game and have deleted it from my pc some time ago. What made it so boring is the bugs, the lack of simulation of the ships(except from the ferry's where you on some can open a port(a door) or two, so is it only steering and speed forward and backwards which is simulated).

I have not bought the last two ships, cause I do not need that. I can look at the pictures of the ships here at the forum or at youtube video's. And if I like to steer around in the enviroments, I can choose another ship, cause it is the same simulated anyway. In a fishing mission with Sigita you could have changed the ship to Osceana and still finish the fishing mission. Cause the fishing is only in the fantasy of the player. Or you can use Sigita at a cruise mission for Osceana. There is no passangers coming aboard the ship so you can use Sigita instead. If you with Sigita had to put your nets out(the trawl) to get some fish, and if you in cruise missions had to take aboard 2000 persons, you could not do that on  a small fishing boat. But none of this is simulated either. This was examples I used to show how little which is simulated, so we do not need to discuss my examples, rather what I try to show with the examples.

And finaly, this tells a lot of my opinion of the game:
 A five year old child get angry on me cause he think that I have put the game in 'amateur' level when he had finished the first cruiseline mission without any problem or help(except for translation of the english messages.

When a five year old think that SSE is played in amateur level, then it is something missing in a simulator game. The word simulator, is very much forgotten.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:57:36 by wiqvist »

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Gab

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 05:56:05 »

wiqvist,

Thank you, I'm glad a real fan of Ship Simulator finally stands up to express what so many of us think! I've seen few others who did the same lately, thanks to all of them as well!

Do you still enjoy SS08? If so, I would be pleased to sail with you!  :thumbs:

I have not bought the last two ships, cause I do not need that. I can look at the pictures of the ships here at the forum or at youtube video's. And if I like to steer around in the enviroments, I can choose another ship, cause it is the same simulated anyway. In a fishing mission with Sigita you could have changed the ship to Osceana and still finish the fishing mission. Cause the fishing is only in the fantasy of the player. Or you can use Sigita at a cruise mission for Osceana. There is no passangers coming aboard the ship so you can use Sigita instead. If you with Sigita had to put your nets out(the trawl) to get some fish, and if you in cruise missions had to take aboard 2000 persons, you could not do that on  a small fishing boat. But none of this is simulated either. This was examples I used to show how little which is simulated, so we do not need to discuss my examples, rather what I try to show with the examples.

So true, sadly!

The name is Ship Simulator Extremes. That is composed of 3 words. The 'Ship' part is a success, as they are nice looking and there are many of them. The 'Simulator' part is a total failure, no need to explain why... And although I don't want it to be 'Extremes', the game failed there too... So only 33% of the title is true. Just a thought, but it's not looking good for the game itself!

Yep I have SSE, I played a little, but then I found there were too many bugs, so I kindly waited for the first patch (without complaining). A first patch was not enough, so I kindly waited for the second one. But then the same story repeated again!
How comes SSE is still buggy after ONE YEAR AND A HALF?! Yes, so many bugs 2 weeks after the release can be acceptable, but over 2 weeks, it's just not right. So what about a whole years and a half?! And then they say ''Vstep are working hard...'' Sorry, that excuse isn't good anymore!

I don't miss SSE at all, but I do miss SS08 though. And all the players who whether gave up with Vstep or whether moved to SSE.

Now we can try to understand why people moved to SSE:

1st reason : ''Everyone did it''
2nd reason : Better graphics
3th reason : Few more ships

That's all.

What happened to the important aspects of SS08? What happened to the accurate dynamics?

I'm just amazed about how many people gave up with SSE. I've never read so many negative posts in such a short period of time. And I can only agree with them.

If you have the feeling Vstep just take our money and then laugh at us, it's because that is really what is happening. And the worst is that some are fool enough to buy every single new DLC Vstep release...
Rosenblatt Project

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 13:18:35 »

Something just hit me! This is good because some companies and organizations would want there ships in the game if they can't sink. Only one problem....There is Free roam. 
This Game Is Epic
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines