Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 11:59:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet speed.  (Read 1362 times)

Victory

• Forum member
Internet speed.
« on: February 18, 2012, 08:28:16 »

Hello all,

Which minimum Internet speed is suitable for SSE?

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Internet speed.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 18:15:44 »

Hi Victory,

Any broadband should be capable of running the game, but the fater the better of course. If you're experiencing slow speeds or lag issues, it might even be the person hosting the server you're connecting to.

I assume you do mean the minimum speed for multiplayer?
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 18:41:37 »

optic fiber is probily the best
but for someone like me who lives 50 miles from optic fiber i found out that my freind in bristol who is optic fiber is slower than me.
it all to do with peek times, so sunday night from 5-11 isnt the best and how well the cables are and how many people are on it
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 00:54:38 »

Multiplayer performance is proberbly more dependant on the ping time rather than the bandwidth of your broadband connection.  The lower the ping, the better.  Test yours at www.speedtest.net
We're all buddies in boats

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 03:35:14 »

Sydmichel, I use to take this test from time to time to see if the connection is okay or if it seems slow. But one little strange thing is, I got the result 51.28 mbps and 5.25(download and upload speed). What I found a bit strange is that I pay for 50 and 5, so I get more than  what I pay for, it is of cource not so bad but it is strange that you get more than what you pay for. So I wonder if you and also other persons get more than what they pay for.

It is some time ago since it was only one speed, now days(at least in Norway), so do you pay your internet company which speed you like to have, and there is of cource slow and cheap and expensive and fast, just a choice of how you like to prior your budget.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:33:33 »

What I found a bit strange is that I pay for 50 and 5, so I get more than  what I pay for, it is of cource not so bad but it is strange that you get more than what you pay for. So I wonder if you and also other persons get more than what they pay for.

This may be something to do with the difference between the decimal and the binary system.  For example 1 Meg (1 million bits in decimal (10 ^6))   is is actually 1,048,576 (2^20) bits in binary. So if you multiply that by 50, its quite close to what you are getting.
We're all buddies in boats
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines