Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 08:04:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: joystick?  (Read 3484 times)

n9mfk9

• Forum member
joystick?
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:17:47 »

HI,
Im setup a joystick
i can not find the shift key on the command list i wood like to put on a button on the joystick
thanks Beau

Rbsanford

• Forum member
Re: joystick?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:42:16 »

hi n9mfk9,

I don't think that a standard joystick is exactly suitable for Ship Sim. ;)

ship driver is okay though, but its expensive...
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:34:58 »

Hello n9mfk9, I do not realy understand what you are asking for. You can use most joysticks, gamepads or steering wheels you like, that is at least my experience. You go in to option and find the command you like to set on your joystick and then dubbelclick on the square under the commands, and then you click on the button on the joystick. Not so good explained maybe but that is how I remember of how you set the joystick.

Rbsanford, what is that for an answer?
Of cource everyone can use which joystick they like to use, and I find Logitechs steering wheel with one of their joysticks together is suit me best, with the two 'ship' driving steering wheels you steer with your finger tips and that is too small for me. But that is of cource just a question of taste. Why you answer a peron who ask something about setting his joystick that his joystick is not suitable for the game do I find a bit strange. And can ease be missunderstood as it is not possible drive the ships with a common joystick, which I do not think you mean.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:48:47 »

hi n9mfk9,

I don't think that a standard joystick is exactly suitable for Ship Sim. ;)

ship driver is okay though, but its expensive...

As a matter of fact, some people use joysticks for azimuth propelled ships.  :P
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:44:57 »

oh, well I thought he meant a joystick for a flight simulator. :doh:

@ virtualskipper:

I did not know that
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 05:03:05 »

But even if he did so do also them work fine, I have heard person here telling that they even use the yoke, throttle and rudderpeddals mostly contructed for flight simulator, but even they suit fine with SSE. And I and also others are using Logitech's G 27 steering wheel which mostly is for racing games but fit well with SSE(except that I have not find any way to make the three pedals to work). And there are not many joysticks made only for working with a flightsimulator, you can use them with the game you like too.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:44 »

Yes, besides a Saitek X52, I use a Thrustmaster T2 steering wheel, which works fine..
What does the Shift key do..?

Capetan Thanasis

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 12:57:49 »

Hi
I have used various controls with good results. Every control has it’s features which match less or more for use with SSE. I have used Logitech attack joystick with one lever for engine control. It’s good for engine controlling but not quite good for steering non-speed ships. I have used Logitech Momo racing wheel, it’s excellent for steering but has not levers for engine(s) control. This wheel does not have spring to bring it back in neutral position (suitable for longtime turns, you have not to hold the joystick or wheel or yoke in left or right position for a long time). I have used the saitek pro flight yoke system. The quadrant with the 3 levers, which accompanies the yoke, is ideal for controlling the engine(s) of the ship. I love this feature but the yoke has spring and I have to hold it in position until the full turning of the ship. Sometimes I use both, flight yoke system and momo wheel to have the quadrant for engines control and momo wheel for steering. In this case I have to have the yoke on my desktop without using it because the quadrant does not work alone. Now I always use the yoke system for the 3 levers witch I have setup for 2 engines and bow thruster.
There are 2 joysticks from saitek, the aviator and the saiborg. These joysticks have 2 levers each suitable for engines control.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 17:43:54 by Capetan Thanasis »
Best Regards

Thanasis

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 13:14:03 »

@ virtualskipper:

I did not know that

How can you think that in the Ship Simulator Extremes sector??  :o
Else even the dumbest person would know to post this in Small Talk.  ::)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

n9mfk9

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 15:33:21 »

Hi all,
I have been using the keyboard
I was using shift an up arrow to lock my speed but i do not see the shift key on the list you use to set up a joyatick
Beau

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 05:48:29 »

Beau, when in the game press F12, this will turn precision steering on/off..In the 'on' position you won't need the Shift key..
If you like you can also assign it to a button on your joystick..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:23:11 by saltydog »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines