Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 20:12:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paradox versus VSTEP?  (Read 1044 times)

evyse

• Forum member
Paradox versus VSTEP?
« on: January 04, 2012, 21:11:23 »

Hello,

I had it straightened out... VSTEP writes the software and gets all the engineering skills in to create the simulator... then paradox markets it.

But now I am question that! Who is Paradox then?
i5-2500K@3.3GHz
8GB HyperX 1600MHz
GTX 560 Ti
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Antec Gaming Nine Hundred Two

dexter7

• Forum member
Re: Paradox versus VSTEP?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 21:12:19 »

Paradox is the publisher I think...
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 21:13:57 »

Hello,

I had it straightened out... VSTEP writes the software and gets all the engineering skills in to create the simulator... then paradox markets it.

But now I am question that! Who is Paradox then?

VSTEP is the developer, Paradox is the publisher.
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 23:08:43 »

Paradox (in return for a royalty) markets SSE, they also provide distrobution channels (steam and on DVD).
Think of it as Vstep being a company you've bought something from, and Paradox being the courier
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Gab

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 23:15:05 »

Think of it as Vstep being a company you've bought something from, and Paradox being the courier

Very well explained!  :thumbs:
Rosenblatt Project

evyse

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 23:30:08 »

Paradox (in return for a royalty) markets SSE, they also provide distrobution channels (steam and on DVD).

Very nice I understand!
i5-2500K@3.3GHz
8GB HyperX 1600MHz
GTX 560 Ti
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Antec Gaming Nine Hundred Two

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 18:49:47 »

Unless vstep has entered into a very unusual arrangement, this is somewhat wide of the mark. The relationship between creator - publisher - customer can take a number of different systems (for example publisher can buy X from creator and then re sell it to the customer -OR- the publisher can act as an agent for the creator, which is similar (similar, not the same) as described above by Danny.)

It is quite important because there is a difference in law between the two- it defines who your contract is with* paradox or vstep.

* Actually, that isn't true as your contract is with the retailer... If you have a complaint with the product your contract is actually with the retailer- thus in principle THEY are the ones to whom you should theoretically report bugs to and it is for THEM to resolve it with paravstepdox. Theoretically at least.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines