Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 07:28:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question regarding controllers  (Read 2734 times)

Simos31

• Forum member
A question regarding controllers
« on: December 24, 2011, 21:02:04 »

Hello and merry Christmas!
Since I started enjoying SSE i came across the issue that I can't really find any computer peripheral which can  provide a satisfactory sense of a ship controller, especially when it comes to two-azimuth-thruster vessels.
Recently, I saw there's these new wireless touchpads available in the market,
http://www.e-shop.gr/show_per.phtml?id=PER.570375
which have multi-finger gestures and scrolling capability; I am pretty confident that it could be possible to utilize one, better say two of those touchpads as to achieve a perfect control of each individual azimuth-thruster. Otherwise sailing my St Pauli feels like dancing with only one stubborn leg. Does the developing team rule out the chance of setting up such hardware to the SSE?
Now, who's gonna pay a hundred Euros to get the true feeling of sailing the St Pauli? I would!  :doh:
Maybe there are also chinese wireless trackpads in the market also.  ???

danny

• Forum member
Re: A question regarding controllers
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:21:46 »

Hello simos, and merry chirstmas to you to! :)
As far as i'm aware, theres no commercially avalible controller for azipods. However, theres a video on here somewhere showing someone using a wii controller and nunchuk to control there ship ingame, I'll edit my post when I find it :) However, it is possible to have more than one controller in SSE (or atleast, thats my understanding)

EDIT: I can't find the particular video ATM, however, I'll resume my search in the morning :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:43:15 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 12:14:13 »

Just FYI, Danny is referring to this.

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 19:39:39 »

Hi Simos,

Merry Christmas to you.

I fully agree with you..SS 08 & SSE deserve real control units, fortunately I have 3 azimuth controls levers, twin engine control levers and b/s thruster control panel and a tiller that I managed to acquire. A lot of time and money but once fitted will be worth it. All I need to do is figure out power supply, connection details and connecting them to the computer via through a USB. Of course hoping that they will work after all the trouble!!

I would imagine with the amount of people owning a copy of SS08 & SSE the market would be huge and Vstep could manufacture (or sub-contract as they are software developers) reasonably priced individual control levers that would be compatible with the game.. personally I feel like I have only half a game..the whole game needs realistic controls not some mickey mouse set up that's on the market just now.

Good luck in your quest

regards

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines