Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 01:42:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Networked PCs  (Read 1619 times)

SONAM

• Forum member
Networked PCs
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:56:13 »

Hi all,
Before I spend money on buying PCs, I'd like to know:
Does ShipSim extremes with the latest updates installed, support multiple views (multiple-monitor support)
through networked computers (that is, networked PCs - one PC per view)?
Thanks

dexter7

• Forum member
Re: Networked PCs
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 14:42:30 »

I believe it does... But I'm not that sure
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 21:05:20 »

Does ShipSim extremes with the latest updates installed, support multiple views (multiple-monitor support)

Presently, SSE does NOT support multiple monitors. It is still unknown if the feature will be provided through an update at a later stage.
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:09 »

Hi all,
Thanks

Sounds to me as if you are attempting to build a maritime trainer or at least a top end simulator based around SSE  ???.  so you will proberbly need to buy a Server and 3 or 4 client PCs (they will need to be fat clients) and a good quality Switch.  Unfortunatly as far as I can tell, SSE cannot do this.

Apparently VStep do sell a professional version of Ship Sim that may meet your needs and I think they would be the best people to talk to.

However, If you want a cheeper solution, you could buy say, 3 or 4  High end PCs and 3/4 copies of SSE then log each player onto the same Multiplayer environment (or host your own) and then play a game with youself or your mates.  The down side is that each PC will have to be on its own vessel opposed to multiple views on the same platform (which I think you were after).

Good luck.
We're all buddies in boats

SONAM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:28:33 »

That down side you mentioned is unfortunately reason enough not to adopt the multi-player solution.
Nevertheless to be fair, SSE, even currently perfectly supports any 'surround' (wideview across 2 or 3 monitors) mode for Nvidias as well as for ATIs, yielding suberb visual quality for any monitor-combination (1x3, 3x1, 1x2, 2x1 Landscape or Portrait modes) but the resulting FPS is not acceptable even for the most powerfull PCs, unless of course you disable every quality feature - or alternatively viewports through networked PCs become available.

Tinchu

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 19:09:57 »

Dear SONAM, you are puting your imagination to fly. After six years of ShipSimulator, VStep has been unable to create an authentic simulator. Beginning for the handling. Talk about to install a LAN with servers and client computers is, with all my respect,  to build a house, beginning for the roof. The discussion about the graphic complexity is always recurrent. Personally I prefer more modest graphics and more performances. At the end is more interesting, even funny. It`s really pity that along 30 years of personal computers and all kind of simulators, the only firm that decides to make a ship simulator, be some firm like VStep. I don't know if VStep wants but they can't, or they aren't really interested in this market and their preferences and resources are focused in another market. I'm sorry to say that I'm really disillusioned, but I don't see perspectives for Ship Simulator.

sam-sine

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 21:04:17 »

I believe it does... But I'm not that sure
sse can work with multi monitor setup , but ...
you will see the cart , the radar monitor on all monitors , you can not seperate them , look on wsg game forum .
pc spec : cpu amd 9590
ram 16 gb pc 1600
mb asrock extreme 9
videocart radeon hd 7970

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 23:22:21 »

Hi all,
Thanks
In short, No, SSE doesn't support multi-mointer support.
Nautis (the several bazillion pound) simulator does, but I wouldn't recommend buying that  :doh:
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines