Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 00:19:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes Intial Startup Crash  (Read 11130 times)

Swanee

• Forum member
Ship Simulator Extremes Intial Startup Crash
« on: September 04, 2011, 00:55:58 »

Hi, I'm having the same problem as other people trying to start up Ship Simulator Extremes on first start up.

I uninstalled the purchased Ship Simulator Extremes using Revo Uninstaller and shutoff my Microsoft Antivirus Essentials thru my services.
I then restarted my computer and downloaded a new download of Ship Simulator Extremes (1.46 GB)
With the Microsoft Antivirus Essentials off, I then reinstalled the Ship Simulator Extremes and started it up and still got the same results, loading 57%, 71% Initializing.
After waiting about a minute it CRASH’S.
I then proceeded to install the updates,  Ship Sim Extremes 1.3.5 & 1.4.0.
Still got loading 57%, 71% Initializing and then it CRASH’S.
Hmmmm ????

Thanks
Swanee javascript:void(0);

sgtxRoflcopter

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes Intial Startup Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 14:59:28 »

Same exact problem. Something could be corrupt.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 18:34:43 »

Please post your Dxdiag here. So that the moderators can check whether your system meets the minimum requirements for SSE.

Greek

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 00:56:58 »

Same problem here.  Tried it on c drive and d drive.  Always "freezes" on "initializing".    Running Win7.  I've tried to run it as the administrator and not as the administrator, no difference.  Game seems to install OK, just won't run.  I have now patch to version 1.4, no difference.

I also notice people talk about "product codes".  While I did have a code I needed to enter to load SS2006 I did not get any code, or need any to load the game, on Extreme.  Don't see any product code on my verifying email I got.

Bill

Schifffreak2000

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 21:36:45 »

hi i had the same problem with 71% than crush i bought the game with steam an it is updating automatic need
help

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 02:22:58 »

Same problem here.  Tried it on c drive and d drive.  Always "freezes" on "initializing".    Running Win7.  I've tried to run it as the administrator and not as the administrator, no difference.  Game seems to install OK, just won't run.  I have now patch to version 1.4, no difference.

I also notice people talk about "product codes".  While I did have a code I needed to enter to load SS2006 I did not get any code, or need any to load the game, on Extreme.  Don't see any product code on my verifying email I got.

Bill

If you bought the game from shipsim.com your keys are in the online account, on that website under Order & Downloads.

kawaknaller

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 13:47:22 »

Have you lately updatet your grafixdrivers and also installed the PhsyX drivers of Nvidia by any change.
Then uninstall them and install the one (older version than atm) which come with SSE.
Sailing home....

FuzzyG

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 22:33:17 »

See my post, "Fix for Questviewer.exe crash." It worked when I performed steps 1 and 2. Apparently, this was an oversight by the developers; however, running the files in the exact order will fix the problem. Well, it did for me...

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines