Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 19:57:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What the!!  (Read 3855 times)

dan172

• Forum member
What the!!
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:59:50 »

Hey all, I just paid for my Shipsim Extreme and downloaded it, went to install and the step after the lanuage version option I get a message that says " Shipsim Extreme has stopped working" then it says windows will try to resolve it or something. any help PLEASE, oh, I uninstalled dot net 4 and installed a fresh version, Im running win7 64 bit, its a high end pc so I dont understand whats going on, I have no problem downloading and installing anything else, I have also downloaded SS extreme a few times, sa,e problem.

Thanks guys

Third Mate

• Forum member
Re: What the!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:02:15 »

Ok It's worth putting it out there. Let's see the first second i read the topic it alarm bells start ringing that you have a corrupted download. See if you can re-download the installer, I know that you have UN-limited downloads. So just makes sure your firewall or anti virus is not interfering as well,

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:11:38 »

Hi dan172
Please register the copy in your profile you can then get into tech support posts
that may help with problem.
                                                                                                   Eric

dan172

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 10:39:12 »

Registered. thanks sadsid. and thank you Third Mate, i,ve downloaded a few times, no avail.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:45:48 »

Hi
No probs hope you find answer in tech support posts about same problem if
not I am sure 1 of tech team will get you sorted
                                                                              Eric  :thumbs:

dan172

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 07:41:20 »

Still Cant install guys. please please help.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 07:54:46 »

Still Cant install guys. please please help.

So, what stuff is going ? you got the steam version ?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

dan172

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 09:41:43 »

I got it from shipsim.com

I can download it no problem, but it simply wont install.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 11:41:36 »

I got it from shipsim.com

I can download it no problem, but it simply wont install.

Ahh I though you went brought SSE from Steam. Anyway it sounds like your PC hates SSE alot, but I know there is always a way to help them get along. I know the solution it's really obious but since i have not come across it for years kinda forgot. I was looking at your rig and it's pretty sweet. So something is conflicting over here, we have to find out what it is.OK so tell me exactly what the installer says, like what are the steps it is taking,hmmmm

Another thing that came to my mind, is depending on where the installer will install the game sometimes if the area has no space, ram, or what ever It will simply crash because it thinks there is not enough memory but it won't tell you sometimes
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:46:37 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 11:50:59 »

Hi
Its possible you have a program installed that is causing it.?
                                                                                       Eric

TJK

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 09:11:26 »

Hi
Try to turn of the anti virus program when install, remember to turn it on when finish
some has head problem with this so worth to try it
Tore

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 12:12:06 »

Hi,
Please try to run the installer :

1. With antivirus resident protection turned off (as TJK mentionned),
2. as administror (right click on the install program, and choose "run as administrator"

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 16:36:28 »

Sorry chaps, but that's barking up a wrong tree. If its an AV issue or not set as admin, you will get warning signs such as great big boxes saying "you can't do XYZ because ABC"
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 17:03:49 »

Sorry chaps, but that's barking up a wrong tree. If its an AV issue or not set as admin, you will get warning signs such as great big boxes saying "you can't do XYZ because ABC"

Well, in theory, talking about computers, when a problem occurs, you sometimes indeed have "warning signs such as great big boxes saying "you can't do XYZ because ABC"". That's theory. But sometimes (most of the time ...) you don't.

So, when you don't, all you can do is to try several things, until you identified which one is good.

Unless you have THE solution, claiming the solutions suggested by others are bad, without any other better suggestion, doesn't seem of any interest to me.

mvsmith

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 17:43:58 »

Hi Denis,

There is something ludicrous in someone who is not even a registered SSE user presuming to critique the technical advice given by people who do use SSE and have experienced what actually happens in those circumstances.

Diagnosing the various troubles users have is difficult enough without being subjected to the gratuitous and uninformed comments of someone who is, in the context of SSE, little more than a troll.

Regards,
Marty

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 20:06:20 »

Oh come on marty and climb of your flaming high horse.

Any one would think you don't like me very much.

I haven't been to the moon, but I know its composition. I therefore feel quite qualified to state that its made of cheese.

Likewise I don't need to own a copy of your ludicrously flawed software to know what you are saying here is clutching at straws.

Why not challenge my viewpoint on this software directly. SHOW me how my opinions are flawed in the software instead of your bitter and twisted sniping from a washed up has been.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 22:41:18 »

Have you tried a reinstall of directx ?

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 09:00:39 »

dan172,

Could you please update your status ? Did you finally manage to install the game, and if yes could you please tell us what was the problem, or at least how you solved it ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines