Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 10:28:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game crash>:(  (Read 1689 times)

hayden453

• Forum member
Game crash>:(
« on: August 29, 2011, 02:52:58 »

I bought ship sims extremes download version and i have nothing but problems. ive downloaded it multiple times but upon startup it crashes, i want the problem fixed if not i want a refund/ or the disc version. after i finish installingi click play. then it does the sliding bars then it says 51% then i says 79%thenit says inistialising, then it crashes. what do i do? please help. i have windows XP 2003 version and a radeonX graphics card. i have the direct X 9.0 drivers aswell. there should be no raeson for the crashes!

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Game crash>:(
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:49:53 »

Hello Hayden,

Welcome to the Forum

Please post the Dxdiag of your computer. See attachment for instructions.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

hayden453

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:22:39 »

ok here it is

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:45:59 »

Well, by the looks of it is your clockingspeed too low. So is your videocard and your memory. Is it a laptop of some sort
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:48:58 by VirtualSkipper »
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:58:53 »

As VS has already said, your Proccessor, Memory and Graphics card don't meet the the requirements of the game by quite alot.

Memory:   2GB (Windows XP) or 3GB (Vista or Windows 7) You only have 1GB
Processor:   3 Ghz P4 Intel or AMD equivalent processor You only have 2.2 Ghz
Video card:   Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 256MB ram (Shader model 3.0) Your's does have 256MB of RAM however the graphics card is not as powerful as the reccomended

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 11:14:23 »

Yet FSX runs a much larger model on a much lower spec computer.

It really is a little disappointing.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

hayden453

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 12:24:38 »

ok sorry for wasting your time, i hate these old cmputers myfather has, when i get back home ill download the game on my g73 asus gaming laptop. check it out.

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 13:34:01 »

The prosseor speed doesn't really matter when you have an i7.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

hayden453

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 21:11:30 »

ya i love the g73. im just stuck at this deserted house with my dad:/. i have dreams of becoming a marine engineer. might as well practice on the sim learing to drive boats. i do have real life experience. i pilot a 50 foot yacht( cherokee 50 profil marine) its 1983 with twin turbo charged cummings deisels

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 10:55:12 »

The way that AMD rate their Processors is to give them an Intel CPU equivalent number in this case it is 3500+.  Therefore, when the system requirements for SSE ask for,  " a 3 Ghz P4 Intel or AMD equivalent processor" an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+,  is equivalent to a P4 running at 3500 GHz and is therefor "in spec".

Furthmore, I have just seen a post where someone advised a new member that their PC was under powered and would not run SSE because he "only had an Intel Q6600 running at 2.4 GHz". This is simply not true, the Q6600 is a MONSTER of a CPU using one of the latest CPU architectures with 4 genuine cores, 8 MB of L2 cache and a FSB of 1066 MHz.  Just one of those 4 cores would leave the 3 GHz P4 in its wake!

Also, while I accept that Questviewer only uses a single core, there is more to SSE than just questviewer and also the other 3 cores are not sitting idle, they are carrying out all the other tasks that a modern computer has to do. 

I think its very nice of people in here to be so proactive and go out of there way to advise others but, care should be taken that any advice given is acurate and qualifiable for example here is a link to the CPU benchmarking website: http://www.cpubenchmark.net.  I wonder if Vstep have lost many sales due to potential customers being advised that there CPU is not quick enough?

Syd
We're all buddies in boats
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines