Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 18:40:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.4 sound issues on the Orient-Star  (Read 3600 times)

Azipod

• Forum member
1.4 sound issues on the Orient-Star
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:52:35 »

Why does the bridge on the Orient-Star sound like constant rumbling of a freight-train?
Is there anyway to get that to go away?  It was never like this on the previous versions.

Arban

• Forum member
Re: 1.4 sound issues on the Orient-Star
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 15:00:15 »

+1

you hear the bow thruster all the time, even on idle speed.. on a ship like that you shouldn't be able to hear the thrusters in the accommodation or  on  the bridge..
but nice with small rumbling of ME's :)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 15:42:46 »

I can imagine how that sound could be annoying, Azipod..
You should not be able to hear it on the bridge..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 15:57:01 by saltydog »

Aidablu

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 19:34:57 »

It's nice that im not the only one that hear this sound, it was my favorite ship, and will be again when that awfull sound is gone, VSTEP, help us quick...
HAHA LOOKING FOR MY USERNAME LOOK BELOW

Azipod

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 07:54:38 »

It always seems like there's a new bug in every "update."   
Aren't issues like this basic tests that they should run before releasing a product of commercial value?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 08:05:57 »

Hi Azipod
The trouble is it is not just a case of we fixed the bug because by fixing the bug
it then may cause other things to go wrong so then they have to be fixed by the
programer's until they think the bug is fixed.
then it is let out to you but with so many different computer specs out there it can
never be 100% sure even though the beta testers and programmers have done there
best in sorting the said bug.
                                                                                                       Eric

Aidablu

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 18:47:57 »

HI sadsid

Long time no see...

Well the sadest thing is that we all now have to wait like 6 months for a new update, on a problem that what i know isn't that big, and i surly hope that vstep will update the new update with this fix, so we don't have to wait forever on a new one, i know that there is lots of problems to solve, but this one is soo tiny that it will probberly take them maybe 2 or 3 days to make a new fix in the update and i hope they will do it like that...

Nico
HAHA LOOKING FOR MY USERNAME LOOK BELOW

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 19:05:33 »

I do not have this "miss-sound" but the volume of the horn follow the thruster. If I have no thruster on, it is nearly that I do not hear the sound, but when I set thuster on full the horn also sound good(I can hear it), but I have to wait for the thruster engine to get to full before the volume of the horn can be heard. That is a strange bug.
It is also problem with the horn sound on Albatross IV, the horn can not be heard from inside, not either in walkaround mode, I can only hear it in external mode.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 20:02:44 »

well maybie the horn issue with albatros is that the horn could be located aft, near the funnel and unfortuatly on albatrosses walthrough, you can only stay at the bridge/bow. :-\
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Azipod

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 22:55:05 »

Hi Azipod
The trouble is it is not just a case of we fixed the bug because by fixing the bug
it then may cause other things to go wrong so then they have to be fixed by the
programer's until they think the bug is fixed.
then it is let out to you but with so many different computer specs out there it can
never be 100% sure even though the beta testers and programmers have done there
best in sorting the said bug.
                                                                                                       Eric

Hi Eric --

Thanks for your response.  However, your response does not adequately address the concerns of those that are involved.  SSE is a commercial product, a software that each user has paid in exchange of a product that is fit for its particular purpose.  A software that has ongoing bugs raises a lot of issues and eye brows.

Your explanation that essentially says that it is expected that more bugs arises when other bugs are eliminated is unacceptable.  If that is the case, then there is no real update.  You're simply exchanging a set of bugs for another.

One would wonder if Apple computers would be where they are today had they set the same quality standards for their products as VSTEP does themselves.  If VSTEP had any real competition out there on the market, they would have been completely wiped out by their competitors based on the poor quality of their product.

Having said that, I guess I'll have to settle with sailing the Orient-Star with the annoying and ridiculous humming until the next update in 6 months.  Who knows what kind of bugs that update will bring!?

:'(

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines