Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 09:33:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So Much Bugs  (Read 4008 times)

martentje

• Forum member
So Much Bugs
« on: August 23, 2011, 19:47:57 »

i think its unacceptable for a modern game that there are so much bugs in it. anybody has something to say about this? :thumbdown:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: So Much Bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 19:56:48 »

I do have a question, do you run the latest version??

Cause if you haven't, then you should patch the game to 1.3.5 (and soon to 1.4), and it will solve a load of bugs already.

That's not saying that it's bug free yet, but in case you run an older version, patching the game would help.

Regards,
Fred

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 20:02:46 »

There is a vast amount of work going on right now to bring the 1.4. patch out. As Swenson has said Vstep are HOPING to release this patch within a matter of days. I wonder if players really have any idea of the amount of work involved? Yes there are bugs, but they are definitely NOT being ignored.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 20:14:21 »

Any game has bugs until it's no longer modern.
keep it gnarly

Bullets

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 01:14:32 »

i think its unacceptable for a modern game that there are so much bugs in it. anybody has something to say about this? :thumbdown:
Martentje I tend to agree with you, I running the game on STEAM version and believe that the upgdare version 1.3 can not be installed. How can a STEAM user get rid of all the bugs.

I only reach a point early in the game in mossion mode where I have to take a pic of the oil leaking vessel, getting stuck there and are already ****** off. I thought it will be a nice sim but have second thoughtds now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:21:23 by Mad_Fred »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:23:25 »

Steam does indeed upgrade, but for some reason they didnt make it so that the build number is updated.

So if you have steam, you will have 1.3.5., it will have automatically updated.

As for the mission, I managed that one just fine on either retail and patched versions of the game.

Are you sure you are doing what needs to be done in that mission?  Are you closely following the instructions given during play?  Cause it's just fine for me to be honest.

Regards,
Fred

Bullets

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:32:02 »

Steam does indeed upgrade, but for some reason they didnt make it so that the build number is updated.

So if you have steam, you will have 1.3.5., it will have automatically updated.

As for the mission, I managed that one just fine on either retail and patched versions of the game.

Are you sure you are doing what needs to be done in that mission?  Are you closely following the instructions given during play?  Cause it's just fine for me to be honest.

Regards,
Fred

Hi Fred, I did at first go to close to the vessel and the game ended with some other message stating that I was spotted and the vessel got away (something like that). I restarted the mission and as I received the message to take a pic before I get spotted and take the pic several pics but nothing happens from there onwards. There is no indication (green star to indicate were to take the pic). Is there a specific spot to take the pic

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 01:38:06 »

Well, considering the fact that you are gathering evidence of the ship polluting the sea, obviously you need to get a picture of the ship and the oil it's spilling into the water.

Point at the target ship and make sure you get it all in the picture.. if you make the right picture, it will go on to the next waypoint.

Bullets

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 01:42:45 »

Well, considering the fact that you are gathering evidence of the ship polluting the sea, obviously you need to get a picture of the ship and the oil it's spilling into the water.

Point at the target ship and make sure you get it all in the picture.. if you make the right picture, it will go on to the next waypoint.
:doh:Thanks Fred, I never thought of that, I will try that to get the vessel and the leaking oil into one pic. :lol:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 01:47:02 »

:2thumbs:

You're welcome!!

mvsmith

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 03:31:57 »

Hi Bullets,
You need to be within 500 meters of the center of Latitude when you take the picture, but you will fail if you get within 250 meters.
The picture must contain Latitude.
Regards,
Marty

Bullets

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 03:40:46 »

:doh:   Thanks Marty, but I don't think that the oil vessel's name is Latitude, but thanks again for the tip, will go past the back towards the centre (middle) of the vessel and then taking the pic, hope this will work.  :2thumbs:

mvsmith

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 13:47:51 »

Hi Bullets,
The VLCC in the mission is, indeed, Latitude.
Regards,
Marty

martentje

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 19:19:22 »

There is a vast amount of work going on right now to bring the 1.4. patch out. As Swenson has said Vstep are HOPING to release this patch within a matter of days. I wonder if players really have any idea of the amount of work involved? Yes there are bugs, but they are definitely NOT being ignored.

Traddles.
i play a lot of other games on pc. and i almost dont find any bugs! i think sse would be much better if it had less bugs

martentje

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 19:27:36 »

I do have a question, do you run the latest version??

Cause if you haven't, then you should patch the game to 1.3.5 (and soon to 1.4), and it will solve a load of bugs already.

That's not saying that it's bug free yet, but in case you run an older version, patching the game would help.

Regards,
Fred
i have 1.3.5 when comes 1.4? and can you read my bug reports in the section for that?

Bullets

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 06:26:34 »

Hi Bullets,
The VLCC in the mission is, indeed, Latitude.
Regards,
Marty

:doh:  How stupid of me I noitce in the pic you attach close to the front of the vessel is the name VLCC Latitude. but in the middle of the vessel on each side is only VLCC. According to the 2nd pic must I go and take a pic more to the front side of the vessel. I' m still struggling to get the correct pic.

Another bug that I pic up. about 40% of the times when I pause the game, the game freeze up. I than have to reboot my system before I can SHIP again. Thanks for all the support.  :2thumbs:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 17:20:43 »

i have 1.3.5 when comes 1.4? and can you read my bug reports in the section for that?

Well you probably noticed that it is out by now.  :)

I'll have a look at what you posted.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 17:24:08 »

Another bug that I pic up. about 40% of the times when I pause the game, the game freeze up. I than have to reboot my system before I can SHIP again. Thanks for all the support.  :2thumbs:

Do you only pause it, or do you also Alt-Tab out of it to go do something else?

Sometimes when I do that and I come back, it freezes.. quite a long time too.. the screen might go white, I get the 'not responding' error message where it asks me if I want to wait for it to respond or quit the program.

When I let it wait, it WILL come back to life, but it sometimes takes a minute.. or even a few.

So don't think 'It's stuck' too quickly and dont hit that reboot button yet, if that's what's happening for you aswell, but wait a little longer and see if it goes again..  if it does, then it might be a little bit of a nuisance, but not as big as having to reboot.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 20:32:58 »

yeah I have noticed that alt tab-ing to check on other stuff crashes the game now...

didn't before...

Could the patch have increased the games specs or made it less forgiving for lower end spec comps?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 20:55:05 »

Not really that much, but maybe for those already just about on the pivot point of problems due to lack of resources.

But I have plenty of power and it's been doing this for me for a while already.

But as I said, it's never a showstopper for me, just a pause.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 21:01:27 »

Not really that much, but maybe for those already just about on the pivot point of problems due to lack of resources.

But I have plenty of power and it's been doing this for me for a while already.

But as I said, it's never a showstopper for me, just a pause.

Mine is a big crash...  :/

Takes ages for it too actually close close too

Then again Chrome Crashes for me too now... :/

Bullets

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 06:07:46 »

Do you only pause it, or do you also Alt-Tab out of it to go do something else?

Sometimes when I do that and I come back, it freezes.. quite a long time too.. the screen might go white, I get the 'not responding' error message where it asks me if I want to wait for it to respond or quit the program.

When I let it wait, it WILL come back to life, but it sometimes takes a minute.. or even a few.

So don't think 'It's stuck' too quickly and dont hit that reboot button yet, if that's what's happening for you aswell, but wait a little longer and see if it goes again..  if it does, then it might be a little bit of a nuisance, but not as big as having to reboot.

Good Day Marty: When the game freeze up on me is when I only pause the game, but thanks for the advise I will just leave the game when ever it freeze up again to see if it goes back to normal play mode.

And still I'm struggling with the oil vessel pic that I have to take. I believe that when the pic is taken I will receive a message to go back to Rainbow Warrior (Greenpeace). But for some or other reason (maybe because the pic is not taken at the right angle or place) I'm not receiving any message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines