Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 19:29:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facbook destroyed  (Read 20296 times)

Wave Music

• Forum member
Re: Facbook destroyed
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 19:39:25 »

:doh:

Quote from: Youtube comment
i hope theyll destroy fb and lots of kiddies and emo-posing camwhores will lose their vacuum bowls aka accounts on there and get a life
keep it gnarly

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 19:42:18 »

@captain cadet...

What do you mean? where will your info go if its hacked...i dont know but its good to keep a copy of your info

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 19:45:15 »

Yeah name age where you live where you work where you went to school phone number email, all that stuff you don't want people to hack though you let it be seen by anyone in the web anyway
bit late now
there wont be enought time
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 21:19:55 »

so there was no point of downloading my info
Captain Cadet

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 23:42:49 »

I'm sure if Facebook is selling my info and uploads to Syria and Egypt they'd be bored to death.

Gov Agent #1: "Crimany! How many more Muppet Show clips is this guy going to link? Nobody cares!"
Gov Agent #2: "Wait! Did he post another Pigs In Space with Link Heartthrob? He's dreamy!"

Yes, and between that and pictures of rocks, Coke cans, bugs, and homemade videos of singing Marmots that nobody ever comments on I'm sure Krygyzstan is waiting anxiously for the next Planet of the Apes clad rendition of "Here's That Rainy Day" or the 99th photo of my dog starring out the window at squirrels.

This group, called Anonymous, claims "...One day you will look back on this and realise what we have done here is right, you will thank the rulers of the internet, we are not harming you but saving you." Well, when you try to save someone from themself and do what you think is right for someone on their unwilling behalf, it's not called intervening, it's not called helping, or saving, it's called meddling!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 23:44:32 by Smithacus »
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 02:32:18 »

AMEN SMITHACUS!

btw: "rulers of the internet"? nice term!

btwII: who are the rulers of the internet exactly?
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2011, 17:55:58 »

AMEN SMITHACUS!

btw: "rulers of the internet"? nice term!

btwII: who are the rulers of the internet exactly?

I don't know who exactly the rulers are, if there are any. This idea that Anonymous is/are the rulers is delusional. They can't permanently destroy Facebook or anything. The world is bigger than are and it continues to turn with or without the internet.

If you google "rulers of the internet" you'll get mostly blogs and other forums that linked that article that's linked on the begining of this thread. I doubt though that November 5 will be Facebook's doomsday as it's uncharacteristic to announce an attack for a specific day. The only other news article in the search results is something from The Clipper, a community college in Everett, Washington.

But after sifting through blogs, forums, articles, images of this Anonymous and rulers of the internet, it seems this group has an extreme facination with the V for Vendetta movie. I should probably rewatch the film, but I found it so boring the first time I turned it off before the first 45 min finished. But I'll watch The Sons of Katie Elder all the way through for the umpteenth hundred time any day.

My own opinon, and I have not found anything on the net to back this up, is that these cyber attacks and threats are related, albeit loosely, to the Wikileaks scandal and the Assange arrest, which it was threatened (blackmailed) that certain things would happen if he were arrested.  But I'm not going to waste too much time digging for that shred of evidence.

As far as Facebook is concerned, I only use it as a glorified email system to stay in contact with people that have moved away and I, myself, moved a great deal. I migrated from myspace to facebook, but don't feel like another migration to google+. Eventually somthing will outdo google+ and then everyone will want me to migrate to that. No, I've made my decision and I'm sticking to it. The cyberwar game is afoot, but I would be aware of decoys, distractions, and false leads.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 17:59:05 by Smithacus »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2011, 19:04:23 »

I dont really get it..

Are all these anonymous people just jealous that the people on social networking sites are actually comfortable with showing who they really are and being themselves, and not some wannabe hacker-imposter alter ego that joins in with the trash talking without the actual skills to back it up?  :P

At least the facebookers and the likes get some semi real and sincere interaction out of it with people they like, unlike the site where these anonymii reside. And I dont believe anyone could destroy facebook anyway. They can attack and disrupt, maybe even whipe part of it out so that some folks lose their account. But it's not all on just one server, and there's backups.. how are they going to get it all?

If they succeed and I lose my account, then I'll make a new one and add my friends that I talk to, who opt to use facebook to communicate, all over again. there's nothing there that can not be replaced and new things will come along too, so at one point we'll go to the next thing anyway. It's merely a tool for communication and sharing of 'stuff'.  

I sort of hope they succeed, just cause it would make things very interesting :P  

People that depend upon a social networking site so much that the loss of it would ruin their life, need to get one, by going out and spending time with some real people, out in the fresh air. Of course that is just my view on it, whch may be flawed..   ;D

;)

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2011, 19:29:05 »

I dont really get it..

Are all these anonymous people just jealous that the people on social networking sites are actually comfortable with showing who they really are and being themselves, and not some wannabe hacker-imposter alter ego that joins in with the trash talking without the actual skills to back it up?  :P

At least the facebookers and the likes get some semi real and sincere interaction out of it with people they like, unlike the site where these anonymii reside. And I dont believe anyone could destroy facebook anyway. They can attack and disrupt, maybe even whipe part of it out so that some folks lose their account. But it's not all on just one server, and there's backups.. how are they going to get it all?

If they succeed and I lose my account, then I'll make a new one and add my friends that I talk to, who opt to use facebook to communicate, all over again. there's nothing there that can not be replaced and new things will come along too, so at one point we'll go to the next thing anyway. It's merely a tool for communication and sharing of 'stuff'.  

I sort of hope they succeed, just cause it would make things very interesting :P  

People that depend upon a social networking site so much that the loss of it would ruin their life, need to get one, by going out and spending time with some real people, out in the fresh air. Of course that is just my view on it, whch may be flawed..   ;D

;)
what the y mean they will destroy the servers so the facbook.com would not turn up as anything
Captain Cadet

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2011, 19:46:57 »

I wish them lots of luck.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2011, 12:26:42 »

Spreading pointless rumours like this is a common trick these days; bored idiots make up stupid stories and then hope for more gullible people to keep the rumour going.

The idea is to spam as many boards as possible with this stupid rumour. People who really do posess the technology and ability to carry out such an action don't NEED to advertise it first.

And gibby12- I am not having a pop at you; just that you are worrying other people who believe this sort of thing. I am really pleased for you that you have "contacts" in the know who keep you advised of everything- just try not to upset other people with rumours
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2011, 15:44:27 »

they'll probably just flood and try to overheat the servers from facebook using their "LAZORS"
it kind of worked on mastercard a few months back, they flooded the servers causing the website to not work.
but after they stopped flooding the servers Mastercard was back online as it was before. so in my eyes, the plan failed  ;)

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2011, 03:52:49 »

I've got a new take on this whole rumor:

They keep referencing that movie (V for Vendetta). Since it's a Warner Bros. movie and WB has partnered with Facebook for streaming movie rental service[1][2] it stands to reason this is a publicity stunt to announce Nov 5 as an upcoming sequel to that movie and a WB/Facebook merger. Nov 5 is convenient as it's a Saturday and most people will be home from school or work. If not, it's good publicity for both parties.

So now that WB owns Facebook will Bugs Bunny be the new logo?

[1]http://www.pcworld.com/article/221571/warner_bros_facebook_unveil_streaming_movie_service.html
[2]http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/08/facebook-streaming-warner-bros-dark-knight/

P.S. - If you've ever spent more than a day in the military you've probably heard every kind of rumor and are numb to all by now. So if you believe this garbage then tomorrow's uniform at first formation will be flip-flops, helmet, ski-mask, jeans, and combat coat. Bring a rake as we'll be doing Humvee tire changing drills for P.T. Tomorrow will also be a half day schedule which means you'll be getting off work at 1700hrs instead of the usual 1800hrs. :P

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2011, 03:53:22 »

Spreading pointless rumours like this is a common trick these days; bored idiots make up stupid stories and then hope for more gullible people to keep the rumour going.

The idea is to spam as many boards as possible with this stupid rumour. People who really do posess the technology and ability to carry out such an action don't NEED to advertise it first.

And gibby12- I am not having a pop at you; just that you are worrying other people who believe this sort of thing. I am really pleased for you that you have "contacts" in the know who keep you advised of everything- just try not to upset other people with rumours

:thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines