Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 01:36:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird behaviors when changing ship  (Read 959 times)

FormidableInc

• Forum member
Weird behaviors when changing ship
« on: August 04, 2011, 17:59:18 »

Hello!
Old time user of SS08, i just bought the SSE last week. I started this week end the normal campaign at the second miission, there are 2 boats, a big ship and a tug boat. I switch from one to the other to have different views and to change the speed of each ship.

I have sometimes weird problems
- after switching back to the tug boat, the right engine was not answering the shift + arrow key, it would only react with the mouse and always getting back to neutral when i release the mouse button. This was solve i don't know how when pressing the "*" key.
- other interesting effect : i switched from the big ship arriving in the harbor to the tug, then suddenly the tug boat became crazy, full forward speed, probably more than normal speed (like a jet ski) going at fool speed in the wall then back at full speed even under the surface :-(

i did not find any pattern to reproduce that. Did someone had those kind of problems ?

charybds

• Forum member
Re: Weird behaviors when changing ship
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:34:52 »

I have also been having weird issues with throttle setting and vessel speed when changing from tug to container-ship and back (switch from tug at 2k in reverse to containership reporting 25kts foreward)

The containership in the first core mission also seems to have too little mass ..  it bounces more than the tug if there is any impact between it and the tug and pitches like a round hulled yacht if you attempt to tow it from alongside it's stern for more than a minute or two (I also feel that the thrust vectors from the tug's drives are not accurate when trying to tow in that fashion)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines