Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 01:27:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The right Train Sim?  (Read 15234 times)

clanky

• Forum member
Re: The right Train Sim?
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 16:56:20 »

I have only ever used Trainz, always been very impressed with it, from the screenshots I have seen it has better graphics than the others.  The pre-installed routes are fairly limited (although it does include York to KingsX), but there is loads of free content available (admittedly the quality varies a bit).

For me the best part about Trainz is the world editor, the ability to create quite detailed maps from scratch is excellent and again there is an almost endless supply of content which can be downloaded free.

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 18:19:42 »

i also have Trainz 2010. I like it but it skips for me...I think thats becuase i have 3 simulators on one computer but it runs nicely!
"He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" -Author Unknown

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 04:32:06 »

So MSTS has more, but less detailed graphically, and Railworks has less, but better graphics...

Spot on  :captain: However the Kicking Horse Pass is detailed plus comes with a high detalied Dash 9 Locomotive, you can even get the demo of the route. All that means is you won't get any fancy stuff but you get the locomotive and route and you can explore the route.It's made by Maple Leaf Tracks.Not sure whrere to find the demo, it use to be available.I still have the EXE file of the Kicking Horse Pass Demo Route in my backups, If anyone wants it I could try uploading it somwhere.

What it looks like roughly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBO6YwUBhxU

Where to grab it from: http://www.mapleleaftracks.com/KHP2/features.html

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:36:57 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 08:07:48 »

I Have Trainz and MSTS ..... i am thinking about gettin Railworks ... but i really want Great easten Main line  route since that is what i have for MSTS and ... i have been all the way along that track ... Norwich>London  :)
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)

TJK

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 08:58:43 »

If your wait a bit then the Auran Trainz will come out in stors, that will be the best ever, bdw you can bay it from the auran stor now http://www.auran.com/shop/display_product.php?PID=362
now also with multi play :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:06:35 by TJK »

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 18:21:05 »

If your wait a bit then the Auran Trainz will come out in stors, that will be the best ever, bdw you can bay it from the auran stor now http://www.auran.com/shop/display_product.php?PID=362
now also with multi play :2thumbs:

yea im really mad about that. i bought the 2010 version when 2012 was gonna come out with mutliplayer! >:(

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 19:10:01 »

At the moment, all Railworks DLC is 50% off...

and thuis Steam has broken  :doh:

larsdehaan

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 11:28:22 »

yea im really mad about that. i bought the 2010 version when 2012 was gonna come out with mutliplayer! >:(
i want it  :P

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 12:27:44 »

I am not sure how multiplayer would work  ::) It will be very chaotic and if people are not carefull there will be a lot of train accidents

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

TJK

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 14:42:54 »

The multyplay work perfect, it's like shipsim, but the red light com when other train are on you line, xings works , it's more and less in real life, if you get a red light you and try to run over it you train stop,side lines will swaths automatic when you need it to pass or you wait on a train, but cos their are sur some lunatics that will try to run the game for others

So it's worth to bay this game

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 16:40:05 »

The multyplay work perfect, it's like shipsim, but the red light com when other train are on you line, xings works , it's more and less in real life, if you get a red light you and try to run over it you train stop,side lines will swaths automatic when you need it to pass or you wait on a train, but cos their are sur some lunatics that will try to run the game for others

So it's worth to bay this game

Intressting  ::) :captain:

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

TJK

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 17:06:40 »

yes i will say it worth it

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2011, 09:22:51 »

Railworks 2 is 75% off on STEAM ...  :o .... the sale is on for 8 hours ..... Ive borght it :)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2011, 09:24:14 »

I wish they put the 75% sale on... before I brought some add-ons at 50% though  :doh:

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2011, 09:32:22 »

I borght tjhe Portsmouth direct like ... Isle of wight ... class 170 and .... class 86 and the game .. and that worked out cheaper then the game at £22.45 :)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2011, 09:34:16 »

Nice  :)

Portsmouth Direct ;D

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2011, 09:57:41 »

:o

I think i may have just parted with money!!!!
Well i should look on the bright side, it only cost me £12 instead of £50. I bought the West Coast Main Line and Edinburgh - Glasgow route, if only i didn't buy all the others which i already had! I've already got the island line, Glasgow aiport, portsmouth line and class 390....

But thanks for pointing that out Ryan  :2thumbs:

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2011, 12:20:43 »

Heehehe, you guy's beat me to it. I was gonna mention that it's madly cheap as well as DLC content, I got it, downloading now, I got the class 37 and I have a few add-ons  from Rail Sim but not sure if they will work with Steam version of Rail works 2. The rail sim addons that are compatible with rail works 2 are like .exe files which might not be compatible

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2011, 20:30:01 »

Another Year and it will be downloaded  :sleepy:

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 00:16:50 »

Still using MSTS after all these years, since 2001 at least. Have only branched out to Auran's Trainz 2004 and 2006 recently. On Trainz I use it for it's continous loops and automation features. For MSTS I've gotten into German railroads as I lived there for a couple years. Picked up a German copy of MSTS and a route by ProTrain (the Berlin route). That's really the only thing that kept my interest going in MSTS. That and Maple Leaf Tracks.

Trainz, though, is more user friendly on the consists, but MSTS has the better engineer controls of the two and the most free addons. I think by now they should have replicated all railroads, both model and prototype, known to man.

It was also nice to see the large variety of computer games, all types, being sold in German electronics stores. Coming back to America "all computer games are history, unless you want World of Warcraft." That's coming from GameStop, CD TradePost, Best Buy, etc. C'mon, vinyl records are making a comeback but computer games, particularly the simulator, is a dead genre? Target is the only one with the largest inventory of computer games, but I think as far as simulators go, Walmart and Best Buy will sell Flight Sim X. I even went to Toys R Us and they've ditched their computer game inventory. I think I'm living on the wrong continent (and more reasons than just computer games).

Now that I've got Trainz, Trainsim, Flightsim, Shipsim, Vehiclsim, and Sherlock Holmes Sim I'm going to layoff any new sims and games for a while. I've got enough to entertain me for now.
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 06:30:52 »

Still using MSTS after all these years, since 2001 at least. Have only branched out to Auran's Trainz 2004 and 2006 recently. On Trainz I use it for it's continous loops and automation features. For MSTS I've gotten into German railroads as I lived there for a couple years. Picked up a German copy of MSTS and a route by ProTrain (the Berlin route). That's really the only thing that kept my interest going in MSTS. That and Maple Leaf Tracks.

Trainz, though, is more user friendly on the consists, but MSTS has the better engineer controls of the two and the most free addons. I think by now they should have replicated all railroads, both model and prototype, known to man.

It was also nice to see the large variety of computer games, all types, being sold in German electronics stores. Coming back to America "all computer games are history, unless you want World of Warcraft." That's coming from GameStop, CD TradePost, Best Buy, etc. C'mon, vinyl records are making a comeback but computer games, particularly the simulator, is a dead genre? Target is the only one with the largest inventory of computer games, but I think as far as simulators go, Walmart and Best Buy will sell Flight Sim X. I even went to Toys R Us and they've ditched their computer game inventory. I think I'm living on the wrong continent (and more reasons than just computer games).

Now that I've got Trainz, Trainsim, Flightsim, Shipsim, Vehiclsim, and Sherlock Holmes Sim I'm going to layoff any new sims and games for a while. I've got enough to entertain me for now.

what about that other sim....lol

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 13:18:17 »

what about that other sim....lol

Oh there are alot,  for instance there is a gardening simulator  ;D but that's just one of many

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 17:48:14 »

Oh there are alot,  for instance there is a gardening simulator  ;D but that's just one of many

yes lets just garden on the computer when we could go outside and do it! what has this world come too?

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 22:58:33 »

News fresh in:

http://www.railsimulator.com/microsite_ts2012/index.html

RailWorks 3 - Train Simulator 2012

with free upgrade for existing Railworks 2 users

Looks really impressive

out Sept 27th

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2011, 01:58:19 »

Railworks 2 has really good graphics, and I believe there is a option for "simple controls", though I have never used them  :doh:

oh man, I can't stand jagged edges  :o ;D

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines