Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 13:06:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extreme Demo  (Read 2090 times)

Pollik

• Forum member
Extreme Demo
« on: June 26, 2011, 19:41:44 »

Hi

Having played other simulators, Ship Sim looks interesting.

But I have a problem installing the demo - when I launch the demo, while the splash screen looks busy, I get a series of warning boxes appear, one example is AIWhalesCC.dll, which won't go away until I click OK, but the game doesn't run.

It seems to be quest viewer that is causing this.  I am running it, or trying to, in Win 7 32bit folder.

Is this a known issue, or am I just lucky??

Any help or suggestions would be very gratefully received.  Thanx in advance.

Polly

Third Mate

• Forum member
Re: Extreme Demo
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 00:23:47 »

Hi

Having played other simulators, Ship Sim looks interesting.

But I have a problem installing the demo - when I launch the demo, while the splash screen looks busy, I get a series of warning boxes appear, one example is AIWhalesCC.dll, which won't go away until I click OK, but the game doesn't run.

It seems to be quest viewer that is causing this.  I am running it, or trying to, in Win 7 32bit folder.

Is this a known issue, or am I just lucky??

Any help or suggestions would be very gratefully received.  Thanx in advance.

Polly

The general issue is that in some cases the antivirus software prevents the game installer from executing properly resulting in some of the essential packages (eg. physx, ms visual studio redistributables) not being installed properly. It might be worth trying to uninstall the game and install it again with the antivirus turned off.

If you have a STEAM version: Unfortunately STEAM won't report problems with installing 3rd party components as an error. We have no control over it. It might be worth trying to uninstall the game and install it again with the antivirus turned off. Keep it off through the entire installation and during the first time you want to run the game - because often here STEAM tries to install additional 3rd party packages.

If you have non-STEAM version, don't forget to install the most recent update as well. You can download the most recent update here - http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/updates. STEAM version updates itself automatically.

Apart from that please make sure you have a proper administrative rights set to install and run the game. Without these, the game might not install/run properly and different kinds of error messages are shown depending on the Windows version installed. If you have a regular, non-STEAM version, please try to execute the installer 'as administrator'.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 06:10:31 »

@ Pollik

I hope your computer's configuration is suitable for running SSE. Please visit www.shipsim.com to confirm this.

@ 3rd Mate

He is talking about the demo !!
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 08:05:22 »

@ Pollik

I hope your computer's configuration is suitable for running SSE. Please visit www.shipsim.com to confirm this.

@ 3rd Mate

He is talking about the demo !!

All that hard work  :doh:

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Pollik

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:42:39 »

Yes, I think so...Radeon HD 5470, 4Gb RAM....ah,no, perhaps not...Intel Core i5 2.27 GHz

Oh well, thanks for the responses

Polly.

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 10:57:46 »

Yes, I think so...Radeon HD 5470, 4Gb RAM....ah,no, perhaps not...Intel Core i5 2.27 GHz

Oh well, thanks for the responses

Polly.

You have a laptop.. You never make it with that
Cadet Holland America Line

Pollik

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:51 »

Oh well.  :(

A laptop is all I have (I spend a lot of time in a motorhome) and there are other games (eg FSX) that work fine, although they don't have the rendering which is so graphics intensive.  I stopped buying PCs some time ago.

Never mind....thanks for your help :)

Polly

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 12:32:47 »

Oh well.  :(

A laptop is all I have (I spend a lot of time in a motorhome) and there are other games (eg FSX) that work fine, although they don't have the rendering which is so graphics intensive.  I stopped buying PCs some time ago.

Never mind....thanks for your help :)

Polly

Don't worry about it, Ship Simulating has a long way to go anyway until you can call it fully baked bread out of the oven. So far FSX is top of the line, Rail Works 2 is also good as well. Me enjoying Ship Simulating with Extremes came to a grinding halt until Vstep adds more pieces of the puzzle to complete the picture.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Pollik

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 12:59:40 »

Rail Works 2?  Thanx for the tip, I will have a look at that.

Polly

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 04:56:58 »

Rail Works 2?  Thanx for the tip, I will have a look at that.

Polly

No probs  :thumbs:

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines