Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 16:57:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This ship has "extremes" written all over it...  (Read 2892 times)

Smithacus

• Forum member
This ship has "extremes" written all over it...
« on: June 23, 2011, 02:27:10 »

Grüß Gott, Boatniks!

The Rescue Ship John T. Essberger, a German search and rescue vessel. I was browsing the Auto & Technik Museum website when I stumbled across this one. It appears that the Speyer branch will soon get it. Not only does it have an RHIB in it's deployable boats it also has smaller rescue ship (see the video and description in the link).

Alas, Extremes already has the US Coast Guard Cutter, a Rotterdam rescue boat (operates like a tugboat), another USCG boat, and a patrol speedboat. But seeing how Extremes has a dozen (sic) ferries, maybe they can make room for this ship if they do another boat in this category.

If you've ever visit Germany make sure you check out one or both of the museums (Speyer and Sinsheim).  They are excellent. The Speyer branch (actually I think that one is the primary museum) has the most boats. Check out the U9 Unterseeboot and the Sean O'Kelly houseboat (and the hundreds of other cool displays).  :2thumbs:

http://speyer.technik-museum.de/en/en/rescue-ship-john-t-essberger

P.S. - Make sure you bring enough 50€¢ & 1€ coins to activate the machines.

Tchuss!

P.P.S. - I don't sprechen sie-nough Deutche to carry on a conversation, all I know are a few key phrases, how to translate via google, and smarties mcflurries is the best choice.
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.

Smithacus

• Forum member
Re: This ship has "extremes" written all over it...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 04:36:09 »

I guess this topic wasn't exciting enought to elicit comments  :( Maybe if it had rocket launchers and flame throwers?

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 07:05:55 »

..... Maybe if it had rocket launchers and flame throwers?

Hello Smith,

On the contrary, we quite wouldn't want such vessels in SSE !!  ;D There have been requests for naval vessels in SSE and they have been politely turned down as some members even wanted simulations of sea battles. Ship Simulator would prefer to restrict itself more towards commercial shipping operations, something in which Vstep were pioneers.  :)

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:24:41 »

I think that was meant as sarcasm, vin.. ;)

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 08:31:54 »

I don't sprechen sie-nough Deutche to carry on a conversation, all I know are a few key phrases, how to translate via google, and smarties mcflurries is the best choice.

:D

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 10:12:49 »

I think that was meant as sarcasm, vin.. ;)

:doh: Not really Salty ...... I am sure you had read the posts in the past requesting for warships and there had been explanations as to why that may not happen !!  ;)

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 10:17:04 »

I was aware of that, somehow I don't think that was what Smithacus had in mind.. ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:52:37 by saltydog »

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 14:55:41 »

As employee of the tanker devision of John T. Essberger this one has my vote for sure  ;D
It's the crew that makes the difference

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 20:19:58 »

Sarcasm is meant to hurt. Being facetious is not meant to be taken seriously or literally. I think facetious is what I was trying to be, or just ironic. Rockets and flamethrowers. I was trying to provoke some kind of response. Anyway, The Essenberger (this is the part where I reiterate my point) is a different kind of coast guard vessel. I was just trying to suggest a little variety. And it, in my opinon, seems to fit the theme of Ship Sim where most vessels are North Sea/European based.

So, no harm no foul. I realize this is a global forum and that maybe some of my jokes or witicisms may not translate well. Even I don't translate well, that's why I use Google.  ;)

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 06:29:25 »

The Essberger is not only a different kind of costgard-vesssel but also a great design, a great technical invention and Rescue Cordinaters from all over the world did visit her in her active duty to learn from her.
And she is not only unique but also very versatile! A lot of different jobs would be possible with her. Firefighting with three large monitors, fast emergency transports, storm rescue operations, she has a "Tochterboot" (a small but complete rescue boat on its own), some RHIBs, a helicopterplatform. She can work as tug and tow large and heavy ships around, she can medevac large crowds,.. and a lot more!

Yes,.. she would also get my vote!

Surely a great ship she is..
Holger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines