Hello Guest September 24, 2024, 08:20:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Desktop PC  (Read 996 times)

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
New Desktop PC
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:01:42 »

hey guys,
I'm in need of some help  :P
Ive got £500 to spend to get a new Desktop Computer to replace my laptop, i already have an HD tv that acts as a monitor, all i need is the Desktop, Mouse, Keyboard and speakers :)
really i need a very good, upgradeable Desktop PC, that can play SSE very well along with other High spec games i have in my collection of Computer games such as UK truck simulator and my favourite Ship simulator 2008  :thumbs: the downside is i dont have a clue of what specs the PC has to have to play all of these and more, aswell as general use such as browsing the internet and so on.............

any help is greatly appreciated  :2thumbs:

POD

Keeping her name flying high...........

Ralphy

• Forum member
Re: New Desktop PC
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:06:39 »

Hi PoD,

As a matter of fact i'm upgrading too :lol: i've found that http://www.aria.co.uk/ is quite cheap compared to PC world and other shops. They also have a great customer service and offer to build your PC for you.

Hope this helps, sorry can't post much detail I have to be at school soon  :doh:
Ralphy

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 12:19:00 »

Hi PoD,

As a matter of fact i'm upgrading too :lol: i've found that http://www.aria.co.uk/ is quite cheap compared to PC world and other shops. They also have a great customer service and offer to build your PC for you.

Hope this helps, sorry can't post much detail I have to be at school soon  :doh:
Ralphy

ahh thanks Raphly  :thumbs: they look good :) should i get the normal ones or a gameing one??? i wana be able to use it to play all the high spec games ive got and be able to use it for things such as school work and the internet  ::)

Keeping her name flying high...........

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 12:24:44 »

Personally, I would go to a local computer shop and have one custom made. Often you'll get more value for money.

I would go for a Intel System, but AMD are pretty much on par. The I7's are good, I now have an i7 system, running 6GB RAM and a GeForce 260 Max Core edition. SSE runs at very acceptable frame rates.

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 13:22:17 »

Hello PoD,

The specs recommended for SSE will be good enough to play most games. As for the graphics card I would suggest a Radeon HD 5670 and above. I saw what Ralphy has recommended and they fit your budget, but keep in mind that you will have to buy Windows separately as it has not been included.

Please also ensure that the PSU (power supply unit) is of a good make. 550 Watts to 650 watts should be adequate.

Further, opt for a processor whose clock speed is at a minimum of 3.0 Ghz. Talking of processors, there may be a tendency for them to heat up when graphic intense applications are running. Automation may increase the speed of the processor fan and in some time they will tend to become noisy. (Well, that's what happened to my AMD Phenom II processor fan). So, please allow your budget to also include an aftermarket cooler fan. Artic Cooler, Coolermaster have good fans.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 16:24:37 »

Hello Pride,
This is a good Company, their £395 computer (Gallant AMD 555) is excellent and you would have £100 over to get a keyboard and mouse which are actually very cheap. You could also get speakers out of that £100. I bought an earlier version last December and it plays SSE perfectly. That being the case I think you would find that it will play practically any of the games you can think of. As you know, SSE is quite demanding of a PC, so if you can play SSE it should be fine for you.

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/pcs-gaming.asp?idcategory=94

Traddles.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 16:30:55 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines