Hello Guest September 24, 2024, 04:30:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SSE is a Joke!!!!  (Read 1549 times)

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
SSE is a Joke!!!!
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:38:13 »

Why is SSE going so slow still its been nearly a year now and nothing changed what is wrong . Multiplayer  its great when it works but not when its going slow and ships are flying about in the air.

Iv checked ma pc memory its fine
my internet just switched provider form Sky to Virgin media no differences the guy from Virgin media after he installed the internet said its the game its self

need help please

SSE :thumbdown:
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

Mslb_Eemshoorn

• Forum member
Re: SSE is a Joke!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 14:44:35 »

You're not the only one that's thinking about it as you're thinking about it.
Ss08 runs better ...... !:)

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 15:07:08 »

Yeah ss08 runs better than SSE and you would think it would be the other way around too :doh:

need to get it fixed like  :evil:

ryan
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

michael_taal

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 20:47:07 »

yes you are right i dont played it for a while because i was getting crazy of all the bugs :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

strikewaffle

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 12:59:20 »

yes you are right i dont played it for a while because i was getting crazy of all the bugs :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

+1

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 16:14:04 »

Farming simulator ftw :P

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 17:50:51 »

I didn't buy SSE so I can't comment on the actual quality of the game, but I do think that some of the comments here show a lack of understanding in just what is involved in producing something like a ship simulator.

Apart from the fact that there are no specific issues raised here just a general "it's rubbish" kind of attitude, the main gripe seems to be multi-player.

Most multi player games consist of a fixed fairly complex environment in which small characters with simple physics move around, Shipsim is a relatively simple environment in which complex characters (ships) with highly detailed physics move.  So of course there will be issues, do you really think that having a kiddie tantrum on an internet forum is going to help make things better?

strikewaffle

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 13:30:53 »

If you perform a quick search of the forums you'll see the main gripes. I don't think they need to be repeated in here.

My problems with the game are nothing to do with multiplayer. Since my single player experience is so poor, I haven't even attempted MP play yet. If there's half the number of bugs or performance issues in multiplayer, then it's a non starter.

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 13:48:35 »

I read the forum fairly regularly so i don't need to perform a quick search, the main gripes are almost always along the lines of the following:

I bought SSE without checking the minimum processor and graphics card specs and now I am going to start pointl;ess threads about how SSE is rubbish, it wasn't tested properly and it should never have been released, oh and by the way WER IZ TITANIC LOLZ

Bukko

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 06:44:41 »

Clanky,

I have a high end gaming machine.... SSE was not written for multi core cpu's and still has numerous bugs (graphical anomolies, performance issues and a poorly implemented menu/map system, sounds are poorly done compared to SS2008.....facts are facts....they took 2 steps backward with the release of SSE. It's reflected in the majority of the Internet reviews of the game.

I really hope they fix it.

On the plus side SSE's water looks very nice and the ship textures are an improvement over ss2008. Ambient lighting in it's "3d world" is much nicer. The overall ambiance of the various sea states is better but they dropped the ball bigtime on the sim part...

Users want what was advertised....it's pretty simple.

Craig

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines