Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 07:24:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is going on???  (Read 1953 times)

Jaw

• Forum member
What is going on???
« on: April 02, 2011, 20:04:58 »

Hi!

I bought this game as soon as it was released. I played for a short while, only getting more and more annoyed of the high performance demands, lack of realistic ship motion (especially the POR) and a game filled with bugs.

Now I wanted to try again. I re-installed and installed the patches. The performance seemed better with the patches, and I was a little happy for a second, only to experience a huge splash and the ship was grounded even though the echo sounder was showing 6.5 m of water. What is going on??

I would like to keep playing the game, but if the game is still buggy and every mission/free roaming fails all the time, I will save myself for the trouble and annoyance. So, is the game still buggy or have I just experienced a single bug of which I shall not bother??

(None the less I will stop considering to buy the ferry pack if the base game is still rubish!)

Thanks!

mvsmith

Re: What is going on???
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 22:41:16 »

Yes, the game is still buggy...for some people.
It will probably remain so for you, unless you are a lot more specific in your complaints.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 22:44:32 »

The base game is certainly not rubbish, and the Ferry Pack is commendable..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 22:51:13 by saltydog »

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 01:50:09 »

Well, Salty, as I’m sure you have observed, there are some who just want to trash the program.
They do not seem to really want help; they don’t give any details that would allow us to know what the problem might be—such as where, in what mission, did the ship run aground.

So far as I know, he has never posted his DxDiag so that we can see whether he even has a computer that meets the requirements.

There is little we can do except ignore them until they get serious about participating in solving what is, after all, most likely their problem.

Regards,
Marty

Jaw

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 17:40:49 »

First of all sorry for my first post - it might seem a little harder than it was meant.

I don't have a computer, which meets the minimum requirements - the video card is the problem. But I dont see, how this should result in ships running aground, ending on the piers etc.

I have tried a few more missions now, and I have experienced following problems:

- I downloaded a mission from the download content menu - called something like "crossing the channel". A Pride of Rotterdam mission in the Dover map. Within the first 5 seconds of the mission the ship is touching the pier resulting in approximately 80% damage.

- In a mission originally included in the game (I don't remember the name) the pilot boat is located on the pier instead of in the water.

- In free roaming with the Agile Solution in the Dover map the ship gently touched the pier with the bow. This resultet in the ship being "pushed" hardly away from the pier.

Can these bugs/incidents really be caused by low performance video card?

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 17:49:56 »

No. They are known bugs that happen to many players.

Eventually they will all be corrected, if they have not already been.
Be sure that you always have the latest updates installed, and read the forum for the availability of improved ship dynamics, etc.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 17:56:20 by mvsmith »

Jaw

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 21:40:32 »

Thanks for your reply.

However, reading the forum is only telling me that I am not the only one with these problems. And I am definitely not the only one who is frustrated of this! I can't find any solutions or improved dynamics. If anyone have knows a solution please let me know...

I have the latest 1.3.5 update installed!

I think it is very disappointing that there are still major bugs in the game 6 months after it was released. And to me the game is almost unplayable with these bugs!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines