Hello Guest May 01, 2024, 21:23:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes Crash  (Read 11313 times)

relots

• Forum member
Ship Simulator Extremes Crash
« on: December 16, 2012, 14:38:46 »

I've had Ship Simulator 2008 for a while and it ran pretty well on my old Dell Studio 17 Laptop that had a little bit of an upgraded processor, 8GB of ram, a decent video card, and so on... Unfortunately it took a dive on me on the latter part of last year and I upgraded to a MacBook Pro 15", I put in 16GB of RAM, Intel Core i7 at 2.2GHz, and I also have the upgraded screen and video card. This all is a tremendous upgrade from my old Dell and so far it has been able to run countless games on the highest of graphical settings, while getting a little warm as you would expect, it has rarely given me a problem.

Yes I know...Ship Simulator will not run on a Mac I am aware. I run VM ware (Virtual Machine Software) on my Mac so I can use some of my old windows applications. Specifically Parallels so I do not have to reboot with bootcamp and can instead keep my Mac side running while I use windows and save a lot of time in doing so. It is using the same exact hardware pieces when I'm using my Mac side too.

I have downloaded SSE from Steam and from Amazon with the same issues many of others have had with it crashing when it gets to the "initialising" part. It locks up everything forcing me to reboot my entire computer. I've tried going in and updating all my drivers, going to the unregister.exe file (that does nothing when I click on it) and have done all the appropriate actions before clicking it. I'm at a loss...everything is updated and everything else runs just fine. Flight Simulator X runs fantastically on my computer and I would think if it can perform fine then SSE shouldn't have any problems.

I really enjoy this software and I am greatly thankful for anyone who can help me get this problem sorted out and I can get back to playing soon!

Thanks,
Austin

sydmichel

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes Crash
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 00:23:38 »

Has your PC emulator downloaded all the latest updates from Microsoft?  Because even a real PC will not run SSE without being up to date.  I cant remember what the culprit was that had to be updated but I'm sure it was one of the libraries.  If you do a search around the technical forum you may discover it.
We're all buddies in boats

cptept

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 21:37:53 »

Even so i have this crash problem. I downloaded from the company's site, do the need-full and on the first download i have rcvd an alert(WINDOW CRASH HANDLER) stating that application crashed and a specific dump file created which developers can use to obtain information about the crash. There is no way to send the file to developers and emails send to the technical support not replied.

any chance to solve it.

rgds
cptept
cptept

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:05:01 »

Even so i have this crash problem. I downloaded from the company's site, do the need-full and on the first download i have rcvd an alert(WINDOW CRASH HANDLER) stating that application crashed and a specific dump file created which developers can use to obtain information about the crash. There is no way to send the file to developers and emails send to the technical support not replied.

any chance to solve it.

rgds
cptept

Use the Tech Support Tool for enabling detailed logfiles, collect them and put it here into the forum.

cptept

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 21:09:53 »

attaching a .dmp file of such a crash but am not sure if file is 'readable'.

rgds
cptept
cptept

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 21:18:38 »

The .dmp file is readable for the developers of Vstep. They use debugging tools for.

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 14:33:08 »

maverik90

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 16:20:25 »

Solved! ..... Updating this file the game starts thanks!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:48:41 by maverik90 »

cptept

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 20:26:07 »

The .dmp file is readable for the developers of Vstep. They use debugging tools for.

No reply from anyone!, How can i assist myself?

rgds
cptept
cptept

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 00:10:05 »

No reply from anyone!, How can i assist myself?

rgds
cptept

It would probably be better and get more response if you started your own  thread  rather than hijack someone else's.  Have you tried posting in the Tech Support forum? there are more geeks helpful experts in there.

cptept

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 17:18:14 »

I do not know what is your problem and what kind of assistance you need. My problem is that i have paid for a program and cannot use it. I have repeatable ask for assistance and send out what the 'Technical Support' asked for twice but not a reply yet. I am not sure which threat i ''....hijack'', it is not the proper word to write in the forum nor the '..geeks'  but i wrote on the threat that someone else initiate WITH THE SAME SUBJECT.

cptept
cptept

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 09:59:37 »

Hi cptept
You need to give better information before anyone can help are you using steam
non steam version.
Are you using computer /laptop post dxtaig so we can see if its good enough.

have you read help posts in tech support .
                                                                                              Eric

cptept

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 22:24:16 »

dear Eric,

many thanks your reply. I have send everything to the general email address of shipsim and despite reminders noone ever come back. They asked the same question like you, i send them and again noone come back. On this same thread you can find my .dmp file, can you assist ?
Am using laptop, on the same laptop that i run the 2008 version of shipsim.

thanks
Elias 
cptept

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 09:43:40 »

Hi cptept
I think the problem will be that the graphics card in laptop is not good enough
to run game.
Also the game needs a 3gig processor or higher I think you will also find the laptop
well below this so I am afraid it can not run Extremes.
                                                                                                    Eric
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines