Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 21:05:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Which game areas (harbours) would you like to see in the future?  (Read 207346 times)

travel96

• Forum member
Re: Which game areas (harbours) would you like to see in the future?
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2007, 15:29:01 »

Hi i thinc Valencia harbur would by nice ;D
the game is the best so is the forum just registar.I can do lots of things,just registar

aussiehaydn

• Forum member
Re: Which game areas (harbors) would you like to see in the future?
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2007, 10:26:28 »

As an Aussie Ship Simmer, I would definitely like to see Sydney Harbour included somewhere in a future release of Ship Sim.....

Argree with ziggy.... Sydney Harbour (and it's landmarks) is arguably the worlds most identifiable harbours!

VanIsle

• Forum member
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2007, 17:22:40 »

I must agree with the Panama Canal suggestions.  Could create many interesting missions there.

Or where I am - Straight of Juan de Fuca, which is between Vancouver Island and Seattle.  Lots of islands, so lots of good missions could be made here too.

Fort Lauderdale would always be fun to a mega-yacht lover like myself too, come to think of it.   My passion is 50' to 150' yachts, so this one's a natural for me.

mvsmith

« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2007, 01:42:23 »

Welcome to the forum, VanIsle,
I’m certainly with you when it comes to the Straight. I’d like to see BC Ferries in the sim, but doing the whole thing would be a massive job. It’s, after all, one of the largest systems on the planet. 
Just the main service from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay and to Nanaimo would be a good start.
It would be nice to show folks that there are SuperFerries in this end of the world—though not quite as big as PoR.

I’d also like to see the Washington Ferries route from Anacortes through the San Juan Islands. Coming from Oregon, and visiting a friend in Monroe, that’s the route I most often take to Victoria and surrounding attractions.
Marty

trough

• Forum member
« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2007, 06:13:18 »

The tropical Whitsunday Islands in Queensland would be nice, taking in the towns of Mackay, Airlie Beach & Shute Harbour

abbeyside

• Forum member
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2007, 11:27:56 »

Cork Harbour,Ireland would be good,second largest harbour in the world after Sydney,15 mile trip from sea to furthest in dock, and a choice of oil terminal,cruise terminal,deep water bulk,ro ro,container terminal and plain cargo docks to choose from. Also channel very tricky with lots of turns. See here:http://83.71.196.166/map/

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2007, 13:19:59 »

How about Leicester harbour? Ready for global warming and rising sea levels  :o apparently

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Locutus-Mouse

• Forum member
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2007, 14:51:32 »

Cork would be good.

Small harbour in Inverness with oil terminal and a low-ish bridge to get under. When the replica HM Bark Endeavour came in a few years back she had to remove the top of her mast to get under it
Don't mess with the best! 'Cos the best don't mess!

I trust everyone, it's the devil inside them I don't!  

tman

• Forum member
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2007, 13:55:37 »

hi i think the island of st. barts would be great. i have gone there on a 6 month trip on my families 42foot cat. it would be great because there is always tons of mega yaghts there. we could make a mission where you have to dock a mega yaght inbetween one another

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2007, 16:22:06 »

How about Leicester harbour? Ready for global warming and rising sea levels  :o apparently

Stu

lol or even coventry  :D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Graeme Heddle

• Forum member
« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2007, 12:18:40 »

Aberdeen harbour would be a great adition.

thanks to Captain Bluebeard for the sig

Saphire

• Forum member
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2007, 08:49:48 »

What about the area around Peterhead.

Teamspeak member!

Boats

• Forum member
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2007, 14:50:41 »

I'd love to see Sault St. Marie Michigan and the lock system there. Also, could you develop a Great Lakes Ore boat? They are classic

npwanstall

• Forum member
« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2007, 11:49:24 »

I would like to see Plymouth. Plymouth has a lot of history (Drake, Pilgrim Fathers, etc). It has two main rivers; Tamar and Plym, the Dockyard, Brunell's bridge, Tamar Bridge. Plymouth is on the edge of Dartmoor, and has an interesting coastline with cliffs and beaches. Oh, and lots of forts, and Drake's Island!

I reckon Plymouth is a Winner...

Cheers,
Nick

npwanstall

• Forum member
« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2007, 11:52:35 »

Also, Portland/Weymouth would be great too - the site of the Sailing for the 2012 Olympics!

Another suggestion: a section of the coast deep in Cornwall. It would have several small fishing harbours, abandoned tin mine chimneys, awesome cliffs...

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2007, 17:04:48 »

Cork Harbour,Ireland would be good,second largest harbour in the world after Sydney,15 mile trip from sea to furthest in dock, and a choice of oil terminal,cruise terminal,deep water bulk,ro ro,container terminal and plain cargo docks to choose from. Also channel very tricky with lots of turns. See here:http://83.71.196.166/map/

Cork second largest?  >:( I always thought that was Poole Harbour!   ;)  Cork is  a lovely harbour with an intresting entrance and with Whitegate Refianry and oil terminal inside the lower harbour would make an intresting harbour.   Sailed in and out there many times on a handy tanker or two....  ;D

cjordan

• Forum member
« Reply #266 on: December 13, 2007, 13:29:44 »

It's probably too much to even dream about, but I would like to see a world similar to Microsoft's "Flight Simulator". With tools to build your own ships, harbours, and scenerys. Online weather updating so you could use realtime weather, and have the ability to sail any ship to any harbour in the world. The original game would have a few generic ships so copywrite wouldn't be an issue, the fans could make there own ships using programs like 3Dmax or Gmax and use textures they choose.
  Sailing a huge passenger liner from Naples to Los Angeles, real time, real weather, with a passenger program like FSPassenger would be the ultimate ship simulator!

Cappen Boidseye

• Forum member
« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2007, 15:27:26 »

A couple of suggestions, I would like to see Portsmouth harbour work properly, at the moment only the fast cat and smaller vessels can enter without grounding.
I would also like to see the Clyde and it's approaches (Loch Long, Holy loch, Gareloch and the Kyles) modelled
A West of Scotland Island ferry run would be magnificant, e.g. Kennacraig to Port Ellen.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2007, 10:11:18 »

It's probably too much to even dream about, but I would like to see a world similar to Microsoft's "Flight Simulator". With tools to build your own ships, harbours, and scenerys. Online weather updating so you could use realtime weather, and have the ability to sail any ship to any harbour in the world. The original game would have a few generic ships so copywrite wouldn't be an issue, the fans could make there own ships using programs like 3Dmax or Gmax and use textures they choose.
  Sailing a huge passenger liner from Naples to Los Angeles, real time, real weather, with a passenger program like FSPassenger would be the ultimate ship simulator!

Sorry but this has been requested a lot of times and you are right, dream away.

There is more chance of satan skiing to work.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2007, 10:21:26 »

I would like Hovercrafts on the moon, that would be nice.. :)
satan skiing to work.
wearing his Speedo's, of course.. :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 11:01:11 by saltydog »

mvsmith

« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2007, 15:33:37 »

There is more chance of satan skiing to work.
Stu,
Be careful about bandying Dad’s name about. :)
Marty

mvsmith

« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2007, 17:36:39 »

Hi cjordan:
The subject has been discussed at length.
To add the ability to do a meaningful long sea voyage would involve a massive development effort on the part of VSTEP. For one thing it would require a spherical environment instead of the 10 nm square flat environments currently used. Also, to support the activities on the bridge during a sea transit requires navigational plotting facilities, improved RADAR simulation, moving weather systems along with access to weather reports, and many other features that are not implemented in the present sim.
Most of those who ask for this also want an autopilot and/or 16X time acceleration so that they don’t actually have to endure the trip.
Before they are willing to commit the resources to such a program, I think VSTEP would need to be convinced that a significant number of customers would actually make use of those features.
A test—designed for that purpose—has shown that the number of users who would complete a long sea transit mission, even one lasting less than five hours, is 1 in 77 downloads. The number showing no interest at all is much higher.
I think this is a dead issue, at least for the foreseeable future.
Regards
Marty

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2007, 19:00:46 »

I would like to see Singapore, but mainly I preffer the santos port it´s the biggerst port in south america the traffic is quite big as rotterdam but no inland vessel´s. This port is supplyed but the city of sao paulo where´s the biggerst industrial city of the South America is located. there 45% of the brazilian exportations depart from santos.
The port of Santos is located at the margim of the Santos River, where are located ship yards, immigrant bridge, Santos brazil Conteiner terminal at the rigth side of the river, T37 libra´s Container Terminal and Santos Tecon Conteiner Terminal at the left side, plywin general cargoes terminal, brasreefer and Sadia reefers Terminals and 4 ferry services along the river and just besides to santos at the north part at the sea side are the Sao sebastião city with ilhabella island where the Biggerst Petrobras Pretolium terminal is located.
i can´t forghet the Environment aroun of the santos river and at the coast line between santos and São sebastião with mountains covered of virgin forest and amazing beachs around.
 ::)

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 19:05:35 by Tavares Junior »
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Daniel

• Forum member
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2007, 12:51:50 »

I would like to see Sweden in shipsim.  :)
/Daniel Hübinette

Markus M.

« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2007, 16:29:30 »

the queen marry 2 want like to the see in the game
this is the greatest ship of the world or the freedom of the seas
sorry my english is not perfect ;D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines