Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 13:06:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: More lighting/lights on ships needed and other issues.  (Read 25891 times)

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: More lighting/lights on ships needed and other issues.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 18:37:39 »

I can't remember the exact wording and I don't have enough enthusiasm to actually go and look it up.
:D :D

Rule 20

The Rules concerning lights shall be complied with from sunset to sunrise, and during such times no other lights shall be exhibited, except such lights which cannot be mistaken for the lights specified in these Rules or do not impair their visibility or distinctive character, or interfere with the keeping of a proper look-out.
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 20:32:40 »

Thanks, new there was a reason I didn't become a deck officer, I was never very good with rules!

That and the rubbish eyesight :D

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 20:34:32 »

Excuse me but i definitly must do this

hahahahahahahahahahahhahaahaha! too funny :D ;D

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

Peter1010

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 12:36:08 »

Really, sir? I disagree. Well, now, it seems we have a cutter here. It has guns, now has she? So, mind you explain a bit your weird statement here, sir?

Yes, sir, agree. Rescuing people from the water and for that we need search light to see exactly where the people are in the sea. Ships has search lights. Go and see.

I have war games, thank you very much sir!! BSP is a just a naval warfare. But-just look at that Cutter for a moment.  Nice, big guns, eh, sir?;)

Most of the players ships are small. Go and check. And if someone wants huge ships like Titanic, the answer is no. But small ships we can even purchase now like this ferry pack. Dont know if they all are small ones, but most of them are. Where are large cruise ships, old large steam ships like Titanic and other historic ships? No where...I rest my case.

Peter,

It sounds as though you are focused on the warships of this game rather than what the game was designed for. Ship Simulator is NOT a war game, and the naval vessels of this game are available to the AI only. Ship Simulator is about piloting the vessels into ports, rescuing people from the water and fighting fires ect. If you want a war game, go away and play something else.

I have no idea as to why you keep referring to the ships in the game as boats and small. Did you actually look at the vessel list in SSE, and saw the amount of HUGE ships that are available. Not all vessels can be included in the game, so please try to understand WHY certain aspects, vessels and missions are not in the game, including the ones you speak of ;)

Peter1010

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 12:47:53 »

Thanks, sir...

Ok. Rather big guns that Cutter is having, though...

Ok, thanks for the info. AI ships look so great, though...

Titanic IS the Icon of this series. Now, SS08 has a poor graphics and there are no real storms in it. So its a bit humorous that you even mention that. But we laugh at it, ok. haha. Now get that damn Titanic to this series or I will get mad. And believe me, you dont want to see me mad. You had that Titanic before in SS08, so take it from there and just place it in here. Ok? Or just say, how much is it to have that ship in my own game.  Tell me price!! C´mon!!

Hi Peter, and first of all, welcome on this forum :)

About your first point, the purpose of Ship Sim is to be a civilian Ship Simulator. By Design. I don't believe any warship will some day become playable in the game, because it would be a different philosophy. Yes, those ships are included as AI ships, because those ships exists, and when you sail a civilian ship, you might see them, they're part of the environment.. That's why they are included in the game. Like lightouses, and you can't sail lighthouses neither ;-) A coast guard cutter isn't supposed to be a WarShip, and I'm sure - at least I hope so - the guns on such ships are never used.

About the second point, technically speaking, there's much more to do on an AI ship to make it playable, than just clicking on a button to make it available as a player ship. The whole model has to be started again, to include the interior - would it only be the bridge - and a totally realistic navigation model (engines, thrusters, behaviour at sea ...). AI Ships behaves very basically, but don't have the manouvering possibilities you have on the player ships.

About the Titanic ... Well, maybe it'll appear one day in Extremes. Or not ... I personnally don't find any interest in her, but that's personnal ... And, if you really "need" to sail the Titanic, you still can do it with ShipSim 2008 !

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 13:09:28 »

Hi Peter,

some of your statements are not much understandable, from my point of view ...

"And if someone wants huge ships like Titanic, the answer is no".

Pride of Rotterdam, Vermaas, Laatitude, Orient Star, Ocean Prince, should be considered as "small" ships from your point of view ? In fact, apart from the PoR, those are much bigger (longer, wider, heavier) than the Titanic (The Titanic was a reference when talking about huge ships ... A century ago - less two months). At least the game offers a wide variety of ships, with different purposes, sizes, and manoeuvering capacities. I personally never had the sort of morbid enthusiam about the Titanic, I reckon, and I don't miss her at all in the game. You would like to see her in the game, that's a personnal wish that I can understand, but you can't say that there are no huge ships in the game.

About the gun things, I think it has been told lots of time before ... This simulations is mainly focused on ships manoeuvering, and guns have no use in that. I'm personally very happy with that, there are quit enough games where you can use guns and any war and death things you can imagine.

Search lights could indeed be an interesting idea for some people. It's a little detail, but why not - at least it stays in the civilian focus of the game. In fact, there are tons of little details that could be added too. "Go and see", like you wrote with condescension. Eh, for example, aboard any ship, the cooking chief uses a potato-peeler... And that tool is probably used more often aboard a ship than a search light ;)

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 20:52:26 »

Good bye titanic

I will miss you T_T

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

Hamdhan

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 07:48:03 »

wow! a few days away and REALLY OFF TOPIC! anyways, to the people who said that my friends copy of SSE is unregistered, i would like to point out that u people r nuts for jumping to conclusions, and would like to point out that he told me that he wants to join but has no internet at his home. anyways.... but just to tell you....He DOES have a legal copy

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 08:52:21 »

Ships generally do not display lots of lights at night, this is for a variety of reasons, firstly it obscures the navigation lights, and secondly I am reliably informed by my friends in the deck department that it makes it more difficult to see out of the windows when there are lights shining out from the ship. (I'm not actually convinced that any of them look out the windows anyway! :p)

Yes there are notices put up on the larger Caledonian MacBrayne ferries telling people NOT to open front window curtains/blinds during hours of darkness.

Despite this, some folks ignore the notice and open the curtains/blinds to have a look outside and so the bridge officer has to phone down to the Chief Steward and tell him to get the curtains/blinds closed again.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 09:22:24 »

he told me that he wants to join but has no internet at his home. anyways.... but just to tell you....He DOES have a legal copy

Fair enough ..... but one does not require an Internet connection AT HOME to register / join. He can access the Forum from ANY internet enabled computer and register it from there. SSE is very dependent on the internet for downloading Updates, custom missions, new packs and for multiplayer.
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Peter1010

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 09:39:41 »

Hi Denis,

ok, cool... ;D

No those 5 are ships, but the majority is not. They are boats. And Titanic is necessary, because it was one of the steam ships around. Now tell me, what are the old steam ships in SSE? There are none. So Titanic could be one like it was in SS08. Now this Simulator is not good enough, because it lacks the old ones. Why? So I urge you to add Titanic to this game. I insist, demand, you to add it. I will pay you. How much is it? Every man has its price, so what is yours? 2012 is coming and if you have any honor, you will add that ship long before that to THIS SSE. So how about some real info this time. What are your plans? Will that finest of all ships ever come to this sim and if, then when?

I know Titanic was smaller than those ships, but it was a ship, anyhow. Most of the "ships" of SSE are boats or as big as boats. This should be a Boatsimulator!!  ;D. This has only 1!! cruiser, one big roll-on/roll-off ship,one real cargo ship, one real tanker, one gas tanker. And no historic ships none whatsoever.

"the cooking chief uses a potato-peeler... And that tool is probably used more often aboard a ship than a search light ;)" Yes, hilarious indeed... ;D. Search light is essential and one of the most important things aboard any ship. Comparing to that search light...

Edited for swearing. Please mind your choice of words, and keep it suitable for all ages! Ballast

Hi Peter,

some of your statements are not much understandable, from my point of view ...

"And if someone wants huge ships like Titanic, the answer is no".

Pride of Rotterdam, Vermaas, Laatitude, Orient Star, Ocean Prince, should be considered as "small" ships from your point of view ? In fact, apart from the PoR, those are much bigger (longer, wider, heavier) than the Titanic (The Titanic was a reference when talking about huge ships ... A century ago - less two months). At least the game offers a wide variety of ships, with different purposes, sizes, and manoeuvering capacities. I personally never had the sort of morbid enthusiam about the Titanic, I reckon, and I don't miss her at all in the game. You would like to see her in the game, that's a personnal wish that I can understand, but you can't say that there are no huge ships in the game.

About the gun things, I think it has been told lots of time before ... This simulations is mainly focused on ships manoeuvering, and guns have no use in that. I'm personally very happy with that, there are quit enough games where you can use guns and any war and death things you can imagine.

Search lights could indeed be an interesting idea for some people. It's a little detail, but why not - at least it stays in the civilian focus of the game. In fact, there are tons of little details that could be added too. "Go and see", like you wrote with condescension. Eh, for example, aboard any ship, the cooking chief uses a potato-peeler... And that tool is probably used more often aboard a ship than a search light ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:10:46 by Ballast »

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 11:39:33 »

Suggest you edit out the swearing peter.

In fact, I would suggest you just delete the post, stuff like "I insist, demand you add it" isn't going to win you any friends.  It's a game for goodness sake.

craigster1

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 11:44:35 »

people calm down man this will only get out of hand

mvsmith

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 12:22:52 »

Now get that damn Titanic to this series or I will get mad. And believe me, you dont want to see me mad.

I, for one, would enjoy seeing you mad.
Considering your demanding attitude, I suspect that you will provide us with much enjoyment and amusement.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 13:06:28 »

I second that Marty  :police:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 13:40:10 »

I, for one, would enjoy seeing you mad.
Considering your demanding attitude, I suspect that you will provide us with much enjoyment and amusement.

How diplomatic.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

craigster1

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 14:20:15 »

i third that marty

Peter1010

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 10:40:33 »

SO you have no knowledge and you suggest me to stop swearing. Is that it? Perhaps you can ANSWER my questions then, sir? And if you dont know, then someone, who knows something. Because I wont quit, until someone answers my questions about Titanic. Like I said, I can pay you. How much is it? Here are 2 questions. 1. When will Titanic appear into this sim? 2. If never, how much does it cost for me to have it in my OWN sim?

I am not here for friends. I am here to suggest improvements and to ask questions. Ok?

Now I didnt swear. Are you happy now? :)

Its a sim, not a game. And to me its also a Titanic sim. And to LOTS of others. I am not alone, if thats what you think. We Titanic fans want answers, not silence.

Happy sailing!!

Suggest you edit out the swearing peter.

In fact, I would suggest you just delete the post, stuff like "I insist, demand you add it" isn't going to win you any friends.  It's a game for goodness sake.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 11:34:05 »

If never, how much does it cost for me to have it in my OWN sim?

If you want you 'r own sim no problem the cost is up to you how many developers are
you willing to pay the programer's.
Extreme's was 2 years on the idea's and testing before it even went into the development
stage.
It has been stated enough time's the titanic is not in the sim because of issue's with the
model being Polly count heavy and other things and it was stated that it MAY be possible
later on.(try reading posts for titanic its there)
In my own personal view the titanic has no place in the sim she has very little to add to
the game mission wise take a look there a not many.
I respect that you like the ship and enjoy sailing her but for now its 2006 2008 free roam
for you.
                                                                                                                  Eric

Heikodewal

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 13:16:10 »

SO you have no knowledge and you suggest me to stop swearing. Is that it? Perhaps you can ANSWER my questions then, sir? And if you dont know, then someone, who knows something. Because I wont quit, until someone answers my questions about Titanic. Like I said, I can pay you. How much is it? Here are 2 questions. 1. When will Titanic appear into this sim? 2. If never, how much does it cost for me to have it in my OWN sim?

I am not here for friends. I am here to suggest improvements and to ask questions. Ok?

Now I didnt swear. Are you happy now? :)

Its a sim, not a game. And to me its also a Titanic sim. And to LOTS of others. I am not alone, if thats what you think. We Titanic fans want answers, not silence.

Happy sailing!!

Why do you take this clown seriously?   ???

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2011, 13:24:39 »

We don't  ;D but he did want an answer  :)

mvsmith

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 15:27:27 »

Why do you take this clown seriously?   ???

Hi Heik,

Clowns provide comic relief from the important issues. They provide amusement and do no harm as long as no one takes them seriously—something that is unlikely in this case.

Regards,
Marty

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 15:56:28 »

I demand the SS United States in the game, if you don't give it to me I shall start throwing toys from my pram!  ;D

craigster1

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 16:37:33 »

this is getting really stupied who thinks that this topic should belock reason for pete not stopping this topic

i think we should

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 16:39:36 »

SO you have no knowledge and you suggest me to stop swearing. Is that it? Perhaps you can ANSWER my questions then, sir?

Nope no knowledge at all, just the 19 years at sea.  And really, how much knowledge does it take to point out that swearing isn't really very polite?

Muppet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines