Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 12:16:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Whaling ships  (Read 10727 times)

leaive

• Forum member
Whaling ships
« on: February 13, 2011, 22:14:40 »

Why doesn`t the whaling ships have real names like Yushin Maru and Nisshin Maru?
Thanks for answer.

mvsmith

Re: Whaling ships
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 23:52:46 »

Because VSTEP has to have permission to use the real names of ships or companies. Perhaps the Japanese don’t like the way they are being portrayed in the missions.

leaive

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 14:13:07 »

Thank you for answer.

Mslb_Eemshoorn

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 16:05:18 »

I know, but what they are doing is very illegal, so i dont know where the Japanese`s worrie about that v-step uses the really names of the ships ??? its a game and when the Japanese`s dont like it, they mustn`t play shipsim, simple !:)
Tell me the reasons  ???

Eemshoorn

jaffe o

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 14:37:17 »

well in japan whaling is still legal.
the call it whale research but the only thing the research is if the meat is good enough to be sold

alex 3d

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 14:52:35 »

the call it whale research but the only thing the research is if the meat is good enough to be sold

lol. and how quick you can cut up a whale.

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 21:15:24 »

I see
But i still say i would not like the whaling ships playeble
because the whalers are enviroment killers

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

alex 3d

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 10:57:44 »

i want them playable as well.

multiplayer whale wars.  ;D ;D

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 16:38:38 »

well i think if you made them playable then there will be lots of war going on in SSEMP,

i dont think the Japanese would like to see their ships being rammed and sunken just for a simulation fun

larsdehaan

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 16:58:56 »

well i think if you made them playable then there will be lots of war going on in SSEMP,

i dont think the Japanese would like to see their ships being rammed and sunken just for a simulation fun
if they didnt hunt whales at all there wouldnt be a discussion now

alex 3d

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 18:29:49 »

sorry but they dont even do that part of the IWC laws say that whales killed for [FAKE] research can not go to waste so they have to sell it by law.[if they could not sell whale they would not do it.]

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 19:00:20 »

The fact that the Japanese are constructing beautiful hunting ships is a good enough reason to have them in the game for me!

wake up! It's a game, and I'm looking forward to when the Japanese makes a game when we can drive their boats, and see it through their eyes.
How many of you fishers would had liked to be bothered 24/7 when you are at work in the north sea or something by some paranoid environment people?

I have lost faith in Vstep, they aren't going to satisfy my goal of having them playable.

Time will show, but I honestly doesn't have much optimism around this. 

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 19:16:44 »

sheesh  ::)
If you really want to see it through their eyes play this game...
http://harpooned.org/
"Japanese Cetacean Research Simulator"

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 19:23:30 »

Lol I have that game (read had)
It's a 2d game, cant be compared :P
The Japanese are good at techno logic so why don't make a real 3d harpooned game, where you can take payback on sea shepherd :)

Just my opinion, I know that many of you are strictly against whaling so please I did't mean to make you angry or anything, just sharing my opinion and hopes of having more cool ships in a "cool" game..

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 19:28:17 »

The fact that the Japanese are constructing beautiful hunting ships is a good enough reason to have them in the game for me!

wake up! It's a game, and I'm looking forward to when the Japanese makes a game when we can drive their boats, and see it through their eyes.
How many of you fishers would had liked to be bothered 24/7 when you are at work in the north sea or something by some paranoid environment people?

I have lost faith in Vstep, they aren't going to satisfy my goal of having them playable.

Time will show, but I honestly doesn't have much optimism around this. 

If they did it would be a minor miricle, Not because of Vstep, but because of the IWC, To be honest i'm supprised they let the ships be put in the game in the first place
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 15:50:47 »

Well I have a theory around that:
Look here is the hunting ship: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-of-whale-boat/446570
And what about the nishin I dont know, looks to me like they have made it themself, but there you have your reason  to why the japansese ships is in the game. The wanted good missions for SSE and the greenpeace campaign, they found that hunting ship. Well at least thats my theory ;) 

Casey13

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 03:20:05 »

I would love to have playable whaling ships. It would make a good multiplayer battle and I could sink them when I am bored.

Heikodewal

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 15:07:36 »

Not defending any Japanese whalers but we also have a fishing vessel and a lot of fish are on the brink of extinxtion. Also we have tankers and there were a lot of accidents with tankers, spoiling nature and so we can go on.
By having playable whalers (without real names) will not tell we agree with whaling.

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 16:39:13 »

Thats a good point Heikodewal

CaptainM

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 02:36:52 »

If VSTEP ever added playable whaling ships into the simulator, I would throw SSE in the bin.
It simply goes against my belief. "Whaling" is wrong on so many accounts and to top it off the coward's who do these crimes go using the term "Research" as there excuse to hunt whales in International waters.

That's just my opinion anyways, I don't think I could play a game which includes, or supports any form of animal cruelty.

CaptainM.

alex 3d

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 18:08:22 »

you could sink them then ;D ;D ;D

or stop them from whaling.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 18:30:37 »

If VSTEP ever added playable whaling ships into the simulator, I would throw SSE in the bin.
It simply goes against my belief. "Whaling" is wrong on so many accounts and to top it off the coward's who do these crimes go using the term "Research" as there excuse to hunt whales in International waters.

That's just my opinion anyways, I don't think I could play a game which includes, or supports any form of animal cruelty.

CaptainM.

Well, whalers are already in the game, so the 'cruelty' is already in it. And I agree with Heiko.. there are other vessels in the game that are also (sometimes) responsible for the suffering of animals (oil spills) or the catching/killing of other fish that are nearing extinction.

But talking about animal cruelty..

You don't eat meat? fish? fowl? You know what they do to pigs, cows, chicken, etc, right? Not just killing them, but the things before they are even slaughtered. You don't wear leather at all? Don't eat eggs? Don't use any form of medication, ever? Don't own any product that in some stage had anything to do with the use of animals as beasts of burden? (they still use a lot of animals in Asia, in the production process of our cheap consumer goods, and they have very rough lives). Never killed any nasty bugs? etc etc.. (ok that last one is pushing it, but still..)

People that play the animal cruelty card, often have lots of it going on around them without even realising it, because those things are simply accepted as normal for us. Yet, that's the point.. if one thing is wrong and you use that as a principle statement, then they all have to be wrong..or ít's being hypocritical.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it helps to stop and think and look around you, to see what's really going on. And surely one should never blindly follow or believe the things that any group of do-gooders say, just cause they say it. (not directed at you, just a general statement.)

Unless you're a member of PETA, for example, and have abolished ALL animal cruelty from your life.. something VERY hard to do in modern life.. then what's it all mean, really?  :P

Selectively saying that one is bad and the other is ok, would render the former statement worthless, in my humble opinion.  :)

Fred.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 18:40:34 »

Surely you can't ignore the fact that the hunting of whales is in an International whale sanctuary..
That's like shooting elephants in a national wildlife park..

Heikodewal

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 20:35:12 »

Well said Fred!

Furthermore, having a game with virtual guns doesn't kill a person and having virtual whalers, warships etc in SSE doesn't hurt someone or kill a whale. Of course, Captain M. you are allowed to have your own opinion, but it is a little bit shortsighted.
The fact that a whale is killed in a sanctuary does not matter for that whale, he does not even know. Every killed whale, in or outside a sanctuary is one to many as long as the specy is endangered. The same counts for every animal!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 20:38:47 »

Surely you can't ignore the fact that the hunting of whales is in an International whale sanctuary..
That's like shooting elephants in a national wildlife park..

Nope, rules are rules, if they are not allowed there, they should be stopped, preferably by naval forces, but not by vigilantes who take matters in their own hands and willfully endanger human life to save animal life. Two wrongs do not make a right.

But not all whaling goes on in there, of course.  :)

Edit - Thanks Heiko, and you aswell. We should leave endangered species alone, easy as that. And there's a lot more that we hear nothing about that are in much more trouble than whales are at the moment. But of course those aren't 'majestic and magical' creatures..   ::)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 21:02:39 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines