Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 15:47:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SS series still feel weak......  (Read 1058 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member
SS series still feel weak......
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:11:18 »

Had SSE for awhile and it's kinda disappointing that it feels "weak" still.Not sure if you guys have not put enough though into SSE before making it. Because the eyecandy features were removed, realistic features with the smoke keep holding back and we have this average flat looking smoke.  Waves, foam, wakes are all boring and dull.  Compared to FSX or any other simulator it is embarrassing since it has so little controls and "holds" back on detail. Lights are missing from all ships as well. Gonna start enjoying it after VSTEP thinks of something.... :-X
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:19:34 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: SS series still feel weak......
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 18:52:23 »

Do you ever stop moaning and rattling on about how "this needs to be added" and how you "want this feature and that feature"?

How can you criticise the waves in SSE when you compare them to SS08?! In my opinion it's a vast improvement. I think it's very unfair to call the whole lot dull. Compare the textures on the hulls to SS08, they are sharper and more lifelike. Compare the detail on the bridges of some of the vessels; lamps, fans etc. These added details that you feel VSTEP has held back on were not around in 08 except perhaps on JJ?

I also don't quite understand your point about the lights either - SSE has a menu for different lighting presets. As far as I know this is still working properly?

I'm sorry to sound harsh, but looking at your general statistics your most popular board by activity is Feature Requests and Suggestions. Why don't you just take a step back occasionally and enjoy what you have instead of constantly asking for more?

I agree that SSE still has a little way to go, but I think that after the release of the Mission Editor in the latest update, it is cheeky to call it all dull! :doh:

Just my opinion of course. :)

Cheers,
Mike

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: SS series still feel weak......
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 23:38:03 »

Third Mate,

You already said all these things in another topic.. more than one even. You're entitled to your opinion, like everyone else, but there's no need to repeat yourself in several similar topics.  ;)

It was explained in detail why certain trade-offs need to be made. That doesn't change because someone keeps saying it's not cool.  :)

Topic locked.

Regards,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines