Hello Guest May 01, 2024, 17:33:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Explanation?  (Read 1111 times)

giorgos

• Forum member
Explanation?
« on: February 02, 2011, 15:11:39 »

Can anyone explain to me what is this mark on my compass cause I don't understand it?

And someone tell me what this control do?

(I've marked them in red circles)

mvsmith

Re: Explanation?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 17:56:48 »

Hi giorgos,

That mark on the conning circle shows the wind direction. The number of feathers shows the wind force—Beaufort number.

The wheel steers the ship. On ships that have azimuth drives individually controlled by joystick-like devices, a wheel that controls them together for normal steering is provided.
Use whichever is appropriate.

Regards,
Marty

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 18:14:02 »

Thanks Marty ... I was in the process of explaining. Just pitching in my bit for the wheel.

Hi Giorgos,

As for the control in the second picture it is quite like a steering wheel. You can use the mouse to control it. It can be turned completely by 360º to the left or the right.  A full 360º turn is like the hard port or hard starboard. When you use the left arrow / right arrow keys you will observe the azipods turning and also this wheel.

If you wish to understand this control before playing a mission I suggest you choose a free roaming mission in the Atlantic in clear weather using the Orient Star (cruise liner). Experiment with this control and watch how the ship reacts. You can then decide if you are comfortable with the wheel or the azipod.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

giorgos

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 18:41:17 »

Thank you alot both of you :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines