Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:53:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AI Ships  (Read 2874 times)

thassos

• Forum member
AI Ships
« on: September 13, 2007, 14:34:50 »

Sometimes the AI ships lack the Intelligence bit!
Also, sometimes the Static ships could do with being more static.
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

Subwolf

• Forum member
Re: AI Ships
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 15:21:04 »

lol...the game sure is funny isn't it ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 15:40:27 »

Have you downloaded the patch yet...

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Water Weasel

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 15:44:15 »

I don't have SS08 yet, but in SS06 you see the same thing if you let the sim set up the static ships and AI ship routes. The static ships will sometimes be in the shallows or the edge of the shallows and you see them listing, etc. The AI ships will run into shallows, quays, etc. because of the route the ship takes.

If you don't tweak everything, you can expect such occurences.

WW

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 15:47:23 »

Good point... people want to see sinking- so time to make a big mess with an AI path... right through a harbour wall.

Watch out for a 'speed2' type video on youtube!

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Doomgiver3

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 16:17:19 »

al least it keeps the game interesting even if it is boring at times

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 17:11:57 »

It would be nice if the AI ships obeyed colregs, as I said in another thread i would have thought that this would have been almost essential if VSTEP are marketing a ship sim professional version.

At first I kept looking and thinking, oh it's OK that one is the give way vessel, now I just stay out of the way of everything, You just have to imagine that all the other ships have a particular nationality 3rd mate on watch who is following a red line on his radar screen.

EDIT: I know the point you're making, but please refrain from disrespecting nationalities/races. Thanks. Stu
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 23:42:13 by Stuart2007 »

Dev

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 01:57:31 »

ah yes the NASA style docking manouvere. not very popular on this planet i think youll find ;D ;D ::)

thassos

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 09:51:51 »

Yes, I have installed the patch.    In the same mission as the above I was impressed by the container vessel that was travelling upriver - I wondered what it would do when it reached the bridge and was amazed to see that it had docked ahead of a static ship (yes, actually moved in to the wharf having passed the static)
I was even more amazed when it later turned across the river and proceeded back downriver!
Unfortunately I kept checking on it for too long as it turned in to a small cutout in the bank and then continued on across country and through housing estates.
I'm no complaining - 2008 is far superior to 2006 and I think Vstep are doing fantastic work with this Sim
The right to speak does not include the right to be taken seriously.

Creator on Creators Forum

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 23:43:43 »

Ships not taking avoiding action? I notice that small boats clog the deep water channels, causing you to have to take 'extreme' diversions... but that seems to be about right for many yacht owners ;)

Stu

mvsmith

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 09:47:41 »

I understand that VSTEP’s temporary fix for AI is, for impending collision, to flash “RULE 2!” on the screen. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines