Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 16:18:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orient-Star Help  (Read 13317 times)

surferj

• Forum member
Orient-Star Help
« on: December 20, 2010, 16:54:26 »

In the first mission, "The Journey Begins", I have made it all the way to the port of Southampton and it say's, "Approach the designated pier of the Southampton Harbour and moor there." There is no indication of where this is. Does anyone know where I am to moor the vessel?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Orient-Star Help
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 19:44:43 »

Hi surferj,
You have to moor "Orient Star" here. (See picture below.) If you ease her well up to the NW end of the quay you will find mooring bollards to make her fast.

Traddles.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 19:47:01 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

oubliette

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:31:14 »

How would you know that from the sim itself? I went all along, trying to moor but missed that bit.

It is very frustrating when it gives such vague instructions, even more so when you have to start again from the beginning.

TJK

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 09:25:03 »

HI
One tips are when you are near Southampton, pres the mooring button right down corner and the yellow moor point on the ship, when you are near were to moor the bollard will light up on the dock side
and sometime the wp button disperse when you have activated on, under the compass pres the middle button under compass and the wp will come back

Hope you understand watt i meant

happy sailing and Happy New Year

Tore

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 18:25:41 »

How would you know that from the sim itself? I went all along, trying to moor but missed that bit.

It is very frustrating when it gives such vague instructions, even more so when you have to start again from the beginning.

Hi ....,

This particular mission did spring a surprise to quite some players. Yes, the instruction "go to the designated pier" was a bit vague as there was no waypoint star to mark it.

If you need a "tutorial" for mooring with screenshots please check this post.
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,22556.msg300237.html#msg300237

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 20:24:47 »

There is a waypoint star there. It's located at the very front of the pier as you're traveling toward it from quite a distance away. Once you get close enough to it, the star vanishes, and it will tell you a second time to dock your ship as instructed. I did it on the first shot. I saw the star a long distance away, when it first stated "Moore at the designated peir". When you get close enough to any waypoint the stars disappear, just like in the begining of the mission when it tells you to moore your boat at the small harbor to take over the Orient Star. As you get close enough, that star vanishes too. All mooring stars & waypoints vanish as you close in on them. I didn't see a problem here.
Simulations are a way of life... or is it?

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel i5 2 core, Quad. 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram
GeForce GT 430. NVidia GeForce GT 430 Driver Up-to-date
Sound Blaster X-Fi. DirectX 11
23" Asus Monitor 1920x1080 Resolution
3 1TB Hard-drives (2 internal, 1 external).

Azipod

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 23:37:10 »

I moored here and it said something to the effect of Mission Completed and nothing else.

What do I do from this point ?

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 08:29:57 »

Hi Azipod,

My guess is that if it says “mission completed” it means that you have completed the mission; there is nothing more for you to do.
I’ll look at it tomorrow, but I suspect that the logic did not include the mandatory action: Mission – Clear/Win! That properly terminates a mission and returns to the main menu.

FYI for all creators: Clearing an objective and hiding the waypoint star are two separate actions; they need not be done at the same time. If the star is really needed to find the mooring place, it could be left visible until the ship is moored. However, as I recall that mission, the star was not at the mooring point.
A star marking the actual mooring should have been shown.

Regards,
Marty

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 14:17:55 »

However, as I recall that mission, the star was not at the mooring point.
A star marking the actual mooring should have been shown.

Regards,
Marty
Yes it was as I explained in my previous post. When I get my Fraps back up, and running I'll show you some pics, or videos if you need them. The mooring star is displayed until you get close to it. By then you should know where to dock the ship. It's really a quite simple starting mission for the campaign.
Simulations are a way of life... or is it?

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel i5 2 core, Quad. 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram
GeForce GT 430. NVidia GeForce GT 430 Driver Up-to-date
Sound Blaster X-Fi. DirectX 11
23" Asus Monitor 1920x1080 Resolution
3 1TB Hard-drives (2 internal, 1 external).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines