Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:33:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Placing Passengers  (Read 2163 times)

purserone

• Forum member
Placing Passengers
« on: December 28, 2010, 00:04:43 »

Hello,

Is there a way to place any passengers into the bridge of Jumbo Javelin, i can place two in the Agile Solution's bridge ok,

Are these placed by numbers somewhere in a file in the ships?

Thanks for any help,

Roger.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Placing Passengers
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 00:40:24 »

Hi Roger,

I've never tried, but I would assume if the white bubbles don't appear when you select 'Passenger' in the mission editor then it is not possible to on the JJ.

Mike

purserone

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 01:32:11 »

Hi Mike,

Oh well, its a shame but never mind, i know some people regard passengers as non essential as its about ships but its nice to have company on the bridge during a voyage! :lol:

Thanks,

Roger.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:51:45 »

As things stand at present you can place 3 people on the bridge of JJ. (See picture) To do this you must start making a mission, place the ship where you want her then click on the chain symbol (top right of screen) you will then get a list of "connections". Choose "passengers" and you will see white blobs where you can place the passengers. Merely click on each one which you want to have a passenger occupy.  If you do not find the blobs for JJ I could send you the file if you wish.

Angus.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 13:13:26 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

purserone

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 13:18:44 »

Good Afternoon Angus,

I am sorry i should have made my request clearer :doh:

I have seen where the passengers can be placed as per picture of yours but with the Agile Solution i can place two figures inside the bridge, [wheelhouse] and just wondered if there was a way to do this with JJ, looking into the folders of ship sim unless one is into CAD files etc then its not that easy to change anything, well it was worth asking, 

Thanks for the help,

A Happy New Year to you,

Roger.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 14:14:17 by purserone »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 17:32:57 »

Hi Roger,
It is I who should apologise. :doh: I did not catch on that you wanted someone IN the wheelhouse. Sorry. :-[
I have tried to put a couple of bods in there for you, but it seems that JJ will not allow me to do this.
All the best to you & yours for the New Year too.

Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 18:28:08 »

Gentlemen,

Things are better in SSE: You can place a variety of static characters any place you want to, with no need for dairy products. Each character has a standing, leaning, and sitting version. It is possible, for instance, to place a seated person inside the water taxi.
In addition, you can place AI characters aboard to roam aimlessly about the ship, climbing ladders, etc.

Regards,
Marty

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 18:30:30 »

But how do I place characters on board?

purserone

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 20:28:20 »

Hi Marty,

Well thats nice to know, i will have my PC upgraded in the new year so i can run SSE, i have not really looked into the later version of ship sim because of my old computor, i just need a faster CPU!

A Happy New Year to you Marty,

Cheers,

Roger.

purserone

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 20:55:31 »

Hello,

Well having looked into SSE i'll stick to SS2008, just my opion but like Flight Sim FSX over FS2004 i think these company's would be better off improving on a tried and tested sim,

So i'm happy with 2008 so for me thats the main thing,

Cheers,

Roger.   

TerryRussell († 2012)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 23:18:30 »

Hi chaps.

I'm not at my office currently, so I can't be sure, but I thought I'd added some extra "people positions" in the wheelhouse when I did the JJ SuperPack some months ago.

If I didn't, please let me know and I will create a new version and release it via Creators Forum soon.

Thanks.  :thumbs:

purserone

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 00:55:34 »

Hello,

Well as i have been away from SS for quite a while i really have some catching up to do! i have JJ super pack 11 already installed  and that must be the one with new loading points as when i made a mission for myself this week i loaded the Vacuum tower and the Containers as well, i now realize this is the new pack but the passengers i placed were as the picture from Angus so if you could have a look when you have the time to see about the new passenger placings that would be great,

Thanks and a Happy New Year to you,

Cheers,

Roger.

mvsmith

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 03:30:08 »

Hi Roger,

I’ve posted the latest version of the Extremes Mission Editor notes so that you can see some of the enhanced possibilities in mission creation.

Other aspects of SSE’s performance are discussed elsewhere, so I won’t go into that here.

On the whole, SSE is not as bad as many have claimed, and the upcoming 1.3 patch addresses most of the complaints.

When you think that you have a computer that can handle it, I suggest that you download the free demo to test.

Before you purchase a new computer with the hope of running SSE, you should study all of the discussions on this forum concerning requirements.
At present, a fast CPU single core speed is more important than having the fastest graphics card because SSE does a lot of computation before each frame can be rendered, and because the CPU usage is still not well spread among multiple cores—although there has been some improvement in 1.3.

Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines