Hello Guest May 01, 2024, 14:10:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with demo  (Read 1895 times)

LandN

• Forum member
Problems with demo
« on: December 30, 2010, 20:56:48 »

I recently D/Led the Ship Simulator Extremes Demo with the intention of trying it out before purchasing the full game.  However I cannot get it to operate properly.  It gets to the point where it asks for a profile and then stops and does not proceed any further.  You can use the mouse to rotate but that is all it will do.

Jay

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Problems with demo
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 21:04:42 »

Hi LandN,

I hope your PC complies with the System Requirements of SSE.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

LandN

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 21:29:43 »

I have Rail Works and Microesoft Train Simulator so I think I would have the necessary resources to run it.

Jay

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 21:49:49 »

Hi Jay,

I must say that the demands of Ship Simulator Extremes is rather high. This is mainly because of the sea conditions which can vary from calm to very rough and the developers have put in considerable efforts to emulate this to a fair closeness. Railworks and Train Simulator do not demand such high resources.

These are the System Requirements of SSE:_

It is paramount that these requirements are met. Even then many buyers are experiencing some amount of bugs and crashes but the Developers are "almost there" at releasing Update 1.3 which may address many of these issues. Failure of the demo is an indication that your computer may not be up to the mark. You can give a shot to the demo version of Ship Simulator 2008 which calls for a 150 MB download.

Please feel free to pose further queries.

Regards
vin_sun

LandN

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:10:05 »

I have a Geforce 8400GS

Jay

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 03:00:15 »

Hi Jay, welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately your card is probably the issue here, as it is below the recommend system requirements. Upgrading to a newer card MAY solve your problem, but as VinSun said previously, the game is very graphically intensive, and such needs a beefy card to handle the graphical effects ect.

Could you please attach your system DXDIAG report please?

Click Start > Run. type in dxdiag and press Enter.  You may see a popup asking about WHQL drivers, click Yes/Ok to proceed.

In the window that appears, click the button that says Save All Information, when the Save Dialog box appears, save the file to your desktop.  To upload the file here, click Additional Options underneath the reply area and choose Browse near Attach.  Browse to your desktop, click the file and click Open.

*  Windows Vista and 7 users need to press the Windows Key + R to access the Run prompt.

You can then post your reply with the file attached.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

LandN

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 18:22:07 »

Here is the info you requested.

Jay

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 20:00:22 »

Hi Jay,

I regret to inform you that your computer is not suitable for SSE.

You have a Intel Celeron  CPU but you need at least a Pentium IV with a clock speed of 3.0 Ghz

RAM - you only have 512 MB, you require a minimum of 2048 MB

Graphics card - As Capt. Spencer has indicated, yes the card is below the specs.

I trust you understand the drawbacks and the reason why the SSE demo did not perform well.

Regards
vin_sun

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines