Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 00:33:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repaints  (Read 9989 times)

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Repaints
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 06:25:44 »

Cptnchris ..... thanks for pitching in !!  :thumbs:

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 11:01:28 »

As a note, Eemshoorn..  It's unlikely that a friend whose game someone is using uninstalls it and doesn't use it for the duration of the time that the other one is also using it.

And you can't register a key twice anyway.

So if they are both using the game at the same time, than this is just not allowed, easy as that.

If his friend has uninstalled and unregistered the game for the duration, then that's okay. Experience teaches us though, that this rarely is the case, or that the 'it's my friend's game' is often not a fact but an excuse. Which I won't claim in this case, that's going too far.. but just FYI.

Regards,
Fred

Hamdhan

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 12:17:46 »

no comment

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 12:21:03 »

Well, let me at least ask you then, did your friend stop using the program for the duration that you are now using it?

Cause if not, you're in violation of the EULA.

Regards,
Fred

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 15:17:22 »

I think we are the ones that are being misunderstood Eemshoorn  ;)

Before the installation of the game you agreed with the EULA - If you didn't accept it, the installation would simply be cancelled.

In the EULA you could have read that it's illegal to use 1 serial on multiple machines:

1. Limited Use License. Owner grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license to use one copy of the Program solely for your personal use on a single computer.

Is it now clear?  ;)
It's the crew that makes the difference

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 18:46:32 »

But you ARE in violation of the EULA, that's what's wrong with it.  ;)

Just to make it VERY simple.

You may only use.. one game.. for one installment.. on one computer.. for one player. That is what the EULA says, and that is what you agree too if you install the game. One user, one pc, no more.

Doing anything other than that means the consequences are for yourself. This is the law.. there is no use for agreements between friends, you simply are NOT ALLOWED to do this. See the quote that Ballast posted.

There is nothing more to it, and the rule is non negotiable. You may - this is the one and only exception - use a second installment to run a dedicated server, however. But that clearly is not the case in this matter.  ;)

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 18:48:44 by Mad_Fred »

Hamdhan

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 19:13:05 »

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I DINT GET ANOTHER ACCOUNT

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 20:44:29 »

I have installed the game on 2 pc`s FROM MYSELF. One by my dad`s company (on my own pc that i have there) and one at my home pc.
And I don't worrie about the ( sorry for that) stu*** laws the law can say what he wants to say but I have nothing with that.
IT ARE MY OWN PC`S SO WHATS THE PROBLEM ???

And I run no second server, I play it the most time on one pc at the same time, so i don't worrie about it because i have it not leaned to friends. :doh:

Regards,
Eemshoorn

You will need to buy two SSE, one for your home PC and one for your PC at your dad's company.

To put this in context, you are not allowed to buy a copy of Microsoft Windows operating system and install it on two different PC's and then use the software at the same time.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 20:55:07 »

I have installed the game on 2 pc`s FROM MYSELF. One by my dad`s company (on my own pc that i have there) and one at my home pc.
And I don't worrie about the ( sorry for that) stu*** laws the law can say what he wants to say but I have nothing with that.
IT ARE MY OWN PC`S SO WHATS THE PROBLEM ???

And I run no second server, I play it the most time on one pc at the same time, so i don't worrie about it because i have it not leaned to friends. :doh:

Regards,
Eemshoorn

Do you not understand the EULA then?  You are only allowed to actively use it on one computer. That's what it says in the license agreement. Not even for yourself, just ONE computer.

And Hamdhan, your violation is worse, cause you and your friend then share one game. That's also, and more so not allowed. Again, I ask you.. did your friend stop using the program, or are you both using it at once?

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 20:58:36 »

what program is that????  :) :) :)
VSTEP is like MI5
they wait about 40 years and when the software is out of date and there is no computers with the wright software they say it
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

larsdehaan

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 21:00:44 »

Do you not understand the EULA then?  You are only allowed to actively use it on one computer. That's what it says in the license agreement. Not even for yourself, just ONE computer.

And Hamdhan, your violation is worse, cause you and your friend then share one game. That's also, and more so not allowed. Again, I ask you.. did your friend stop using the program, or are you both using it at once?
so borrowing a game is illegal? sorry to interupt

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 21:28:33 »

I dont play it at the same time >:(, HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY THAT AGAIN i play it on the same key on forum account for multiplayer.

Whatever I do what I do, i install it on 2 pc`s FROM MYSELF!! and the law EULA doesn`t interest me :C :-X :doh:
In the Netherlands they say: DAAR HEBBEN WE LAK of ****** AAN WANT HET ZIJN MIJN EIGEN PC`S EN HET IS MIJN EIGEN SPEL, EN NIET DIE VAN EEN VRIEND. :-\

(******= a dutch word that`s not allowed by the forum....)

Or must I buy 2 exemplars to install it on 2 pc`s while it are my own both pc`s and NOT from a friend, i'm not crazy that costs me €80,- WHILE IT ARE MY OWN PC`S  :doh: :doh::o   I don't know but ........ whats the problem here???

Sorry for my mad reply but.........

@Captainbest and Larsdehaan this was not to you.

Regards,

Eemshoorn

to be onest Microsoft have the same system
in fact many company's have the same system.
it like buying a phone. you cant copy it from one phone to the over  phone
if you read the manual it will say it not alowed
as we can track where we all live (through IP) you cold have a police man at the door and they WILL take the computer and may swipe the hole thing. all the documents and other programs and maybe your os.
this software costs to make over 100,000 euros to make, if not more. and they need profit as this software is used by the navy and sea training schools
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 21:32:45 »

well if people do not wish to play by the rules and feel the need to be rude, we shall do what needs to be done to ensure that in the future, they shall respect the rules that are the same for everyone, a little better.

Topic locked aswell, it's pointless to go in circles.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines