Hello Guest May 01, 2024, 18:35:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dover Calais 2015-2020  (Read 7830 times)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: Dover Calais 2015-2020
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 17:26:18 »

Your "update" is quite a few months old...  :doh:

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 17:27:55 »

Your "update" is quite a few months old...  :doh:
duh!
why do you want me to show the new one?
it doesnt sound quite interesting

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 17:28:45 »

???

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 17:34:52 »

update:
09 December 2010

The Port of Dover played host this week to a VIP delegation from Bangladesh in order to show how Europe’s busiest roll-on roll-off ferry port operates and plans for the future.

Including the Secretary in Charge Ministry of Shipping, chairmen from the two biggest seaports, representatives from the Bangladesh High Commission, British High Commission and UK Trade and Investment, the visit was an opportunity for the Port of Dover to offer its expertise on a range of subjects including operational efficiency, navigation, environmental control, traffic growth and capacity, port master planning and new terminal facilities.

The ports of Chittagong and Mongla have significant improvement and development plans and were keen to hear how the Port of Dover, smaller in size but handling four times the volume of trade as Chittagong (which handles around 92% of Bangladesh’s import-export trade) delivers such efficiencies and how this might help with planning for the future in Bangladesh.

Representatives from the Port of Dover, the first port in Europe to be accredited to PERS (Ports Environmental Review System) developed by the EcoPorts Foundation and the first port in the UK to develop a comprehensive 30-year master plan, were delighted to be able to present the wealth of experience on offer at Dover.

Robin Dodridge, Director of Corporate Operations for the Port of Dover said, “such global interest in the expertise residing at Dover is a clear signal that we have in place a highly skilled and knowledgeable team and an international recognition of the world class operation at Dover.  This also illustrates the great opportunity we have as an organisation to utilise this expertise and expand our horizons into business opportunities at home and abroad.”

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 17:35:42 »

Now that is interesting...

where did you find that?

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 17:36:37 »

from the dover website ;D
http://www.doverport.co.uk/
i just update it onto shipsim so people can see the news

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 17:49:35 »

dover future!
[/img]

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 17:57:48 »

oops the pic wont load
let me try again

^^^just a edited pic though but yes this will happen

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 21:20:53 »

i found out that this is going to be delayed due to the reasons we talked about in this thread
i got this from the seafrance wesbite but no worries. it will happen
she's looking good TFK, im likeing though how the ship is heading across the channel perpendicular to Dover  :-\
also, by the looks of things and the operators shrinking fleets, i think the new Port of Calais will have a lot more Ro-Ro linkspans than it needs  ::)

Keeping her name flying high...........

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 16:36:01 »

or that pic could be calais?
not sure, but she doesnt look that bad and her blue colour looks different to all the other darkblueish Dover ferries.

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 17:32:16 »

oops the pic wont load
let me try again

^^^just a edited pic though but yes this will happen

nope, its not calais, calais doesnt have white cliffs   :doh:
Today is a sad day, today, my name sake, and favourite ship, the Pride of Dover has gone for long-term lay up in Tilbury after being replaced by the Spirit of Britain in the next 2 weeks  :o
after 23 years of Dover-Calais service with an unknown future  :-\

Keeping her name flying high...........

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 17:46:03 »

update:
09 December 2010

The Port of Dover played host this week to a VIP delegation from Bangladesh in order to show how Europe’s busiest roll-on roll-off ferry port operates and plans for the future.

Including the Secretary in Charge Ministry of Shipping, chairmen from the two biggest seaports, representatives from the Bangladesh High Commission, British High Commission and UK Trade and Investment, the visit was an opportunity for the Port of Dover to offer its expertise on a range of subjects including operational efficiency, navigation, environmental control, traffic growth and capacity, port master planning and new terminal facilities.

The ports of Chittagong and Mongla have significant improvement and development plans and were keen to hear how the Port of Dover, smaller in size but handling four times the volume of trade as Chittagong (which handles around 92% of Bangladesh’s import-export trade) delivers such efficiencies and how this might help with planning for the future in Bangladesh.

Representatives from the Port of Dover, the first port in Europe to be accredited to PERS (Ports Environmental Review System) developed by the EcoPorts Foundation and the first port in the UK to develop a comprehensive 30-year master plan, were delighted to be able to present the wealth of experience on offer at Dover.

Robin Dodridge, Director of Corporate Operations for the Port of Dover said, “such global interest in the expertise residing at Dover is a clear signal that we have in place a highly skilled and knowledgeable team and an international recognition of the world class operation at Dover.  This also illustrates the great opportunity we have as an organisation to utilise this expertise and expand our horizons into business opportunities at home and abroad.”

IS TODAY!???OH NO!
i will miss her so.
please dont let her be scrapped like finnjet did. She only needs a little refurbishment and will be good to use again. She is a great ship and looked different from the others.. so i think the reason whats going to happen to her will be a good one
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines