Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 21:52:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reporting bugs  (Read 978 times)

ric.evans

• Forum member
Reporting bugs
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:12:43 »

Hi,

New member here, I wish to report a bug. Where do I do it? The only thread I have found is more about chatting about bugs trather than reporting them. Why don't you have a proper bug reporting system? Because I have a bug and I have no way of establishing if it is a known bug or a new bug.

Very unprofessional. Suggest you go an look at the Netbeans bug reporting system, at netbeans.org. for a good system that works well.

Any way I have a serious bug to report, so where do I do it?

Sincerely Ric Evans
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:16:35 by ric.evans »

TJK

Re: Reporting bugs
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 12:16:43 »

HI And welcome

if you register your game key her in the forum profile http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=profile

then you will get axes to more topics and were you can add bugs

bugs go here http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,21677.0.html

TJK

Denis

• Global Moderator
Re: Reporting bugs
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:12 »

In addition to what TJK wrote :

of course, there's a "proper bug reporting system". And, of course, this one is only usable by recognized users (the developpers off course, the betatesters and the moderators of the forum, mainly).

Such a tool can't be open to everyody, or it would be full of redundant reports, of personnal requests, and other stupid things, which would make it totally unusable. Which would be totally unprofessional, to reuse your word.

Reassure yourself, the bugs users report on the forum have (most of the time) already been reported, are already taken into account, and are maybe even already corrected in beta patches.

We (moderators) are here to be an interface beetween user requests/bug reports on this forum, and the bug tracker tool.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:50:32 by Denis »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines