Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 16:11:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 5011 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member
GTA IV
« on: December 26, 2010, 03:45:32 »

Hey all, does anyone else own GTA IV for PC on Windows 7??? I'm having a really hard time making it work. Any thoughts?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

JHB

• Forum member
Re: GTA IV
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 12:51:34 »

Yeah, I play it trough Steam http://store.steampowered.com/ :)

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 17:29:22 »

It's very buggy on Wn7...
And since I got 2 OS on my machine, I prefer to run it with Win XP.
But it works with win7, but not that good :/
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 02:02:41 »

It's very buggy on Wn7...
And since I got 2 OS on my machine, I prefer to run it with Win XP.
But it works with win7, but not that good :/

I noticed, It lags a bit for like every 3 seconds. Also are you ready to be shocked, get this the water is missing completely, even dough I have a DX 11, Radelon HD 5700 series, system memory is 4G. Storage is about 1 Tera bite, well 761 G now.Total available graphics memory is 2799 MB and there's about dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB. So that could be a think I will be looking at increasing to 4G.I had to remove it until a bit later

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 02:04:24 »

Yeah, I play it trough Steam http://store.steampowered.com/ :)

Hehehe, the first game I played Thorugh Steam was SSE, might see how this one works out, I always though it was through the Social Club  :o

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 09:53:19 »

Does it lag everytime you press a key?
There is a option (dont remeber where, google) that toggles off "log key something" and that will stop that lagg,
Try it, worked for me and a friend =)
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 10:25:48 »

Does it lag everytime you press a key?
There is a option (dont remeber where, google) that toggles off "log key something" and that will stop that lagg,
Try it, worked for me and a friend =)

Heck, that could do the trick, I will look it at up as soon as possible  :thumbs:

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 11:07:42 »

GTA is on offer isnt it until Jan the second. I almost got it.. but I didn't still might though

Should I get it? I have got windows 7 and xp on..

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 13:13:20 »

GTA is on offer isnt it until Jan the second. I almost got it.. but I didn't still might though

Should I get it? I have got windows 7 and xp on..

I had it for PS3 originally but, when I found out how much content was left out, plus all the mods you can get for it to make it extremely enjoyable, I gave it a try. I was hoping for the same quality in graphics, but I forgot Computers are different from PS3, plus I have to give you a heads up It is not as easy as 1,2,3 patching it up. RockStar has made a good game not very easy to maneuver with. If you patch it up, when you get to patch 1.0.4.0 look on youtube for a crack by Razor 1911 I think it was because if you apply the normal patch it will not start, it happened to me. There is a mod that will allow you to go over 1g, you will see what I mean when you go into graphics settings in the game.

More challenges along the path you will experience are, Windows live will keep asking you to apply some sort of update over and over again, if it does it more than 7 times, repair it and it should be fine the next time.When you play the game, you will notice there is an X-box controller when you go into the controller type.The car handling is not as smooth as it was on PS3, it's rough and sharp, but if you wish to have PS3 car handling experience buy a x-box controller and look for a mod that allows you to enable the controller in the game.

There are many many great mods for PC version, you just have to find the right ones, I only look for realism related, to get the ultimate realism out of the game itself, just be careful.If you have an ATI card, you will notice the game dose not like them very much, so your detail might not be as great as you though, however it likes the nividia brand, my favorite is GTS 450(which I don't have), you will be sweet as. But you might be able to make it work on windows 7. An advantage here will be your Direct X is a 11 which is what you need, Rock Star did not mention Direct X 10 is the minimum not Direct X 9.

To be 100% about your decision here are some sites you can go to, to check see if your system can handle it, how the most familiar graphics card do, etc.

http://techgage.com/article/ati_radeon_hd_5770_-_directx_11_for_the_masses/8

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10296/ - to check see if you can handle it  ;)

Still not convinced, http://en.kioskea.net/faq/1709-check-compatibility-of-a-game-online

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdx8zw_download-gta-4-patch-1-0-4-0-crack_travel

TM  :captain:

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

AlexKall

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 16:52:04 »

Go here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ :)

But be warned it might still fail, like it did for me with SSE which I got lightyears beyond the minimum but I can't play it as it's dead slow  :'(
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 16:57:10 by AlexKall »
[MPSS]AlexKall

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 00:53:17 »

GTA IV

SSE

suppose its okay..

:P

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 18:55:17 »

GTA IV

SSE

suppose its okay..

where do you get that form
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 19:01:18 »

AlexKall

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 14:57:28 »

GTA IV

SSE

suppose its okay..

Same result as I got, was more exiting in the old days when I had more of an office computer. But now I haven't found a game where I don't get that resault.

SSE was a lot better after the 1.2.2 patch aswell, like night and day.
[MPSS]AlexKall
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines