Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 08:49:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BLACK SCREEN :(  (Read 2819 times)

Lemonparty_

• Forum member
BLACK SCREEN :(
« on: November 13, 2010, 13:16:46 »

HEY HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!
So i've just got tha new Ship Simulator Extremes. I was so happy because it looked SO much fun to drive a CRUISE SHIP!!! Then I installed it and was ready to play. I thought. But no. The screen is black and all i can see is a tiny blue circle and sometimes some bowed lines. I became so sad, because the game did cost a lot of money, and I hate to wast money  Here is a picture for you to understand my problem.

Vel okay I dont know how to get the picture in  But anyways, in the left of the screen there is that red box or someting, that says "Select start position. Start environment: Antarctic. Move the chart by using the left mouse button. Zoom in and out with the mouse scroll wheel. Select a start position by clicking on a ship icon". Well, I've tried to click on every single button, and still its just black. I was hoping to see the seas and landscape.

I REALLY hope that this is just normal and its just me that is a noob. I would be SO happy if someone answeared me fast, today or something   :( :'(This makes me sad  :thumbdown:

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: BLACK SCREEN :(
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 16:29:00 »

Hi Lemon .....

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear about the bad start you have had with SSE due to the "black screen" at the start up.

Please check this link below and see if it can help solve your problem. I trust your computer meets all the system requirements of SSE.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20593.msg279599.html#msg279599

If you still continue having the same problem, please post again and you will certainly get assistance. I suggest you attach your "Dxdiag" as it will make it easier for a qualified person to look into your problem.

Your dxdiag can be obtained by following these instructions:

Click Start > Run. type in dxdiag and press Enter.  You may see a popup asking about WHQL drivers, click Yes/Ok to proceed.

In the window that appears, click the button that says Save All Information, when the Save Dialog box appears, save the file to your desktop.  To upload the file here, click Additional Options underneath the reply area and choose Browse near Attach.  Browse to your desktop, click the file and click Open.

*  Windows Vista users need to press the Windows Key + R to access the Run prompt.

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 16:35:11 by vin_sun »
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 16:43:00 »

Hi again Lemon.....

Have you registered your copy of "SS Extremes" in the Forum ? If you haven't done so please do it right away. It will then allow you access to various boards of the Forum and you will also be entitled to assistance from the Technical department.

I have attached some screenshots to show you where to register your copy of SSE. Please feel free to ask for any assistance regarding this matter and I will help you.

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 16:51:50 by vin_sun »

Lemonparty_

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 18:50:02 »

Thank you SO much for answearing me. It means alot to me. You are really kind. Wel, I have installed that thing who is written under det number 1 in that post you sent. But it still not working. See if it looks familiar on this picture.

And okay i'm gonna register my SSE, but I dont know what "license keyword" is :( Or what it did say  ::)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 19:45:57 by Ballast »

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 19:03:59 »

Hello Lemon ........

I do appreciate the gratitude you have shown.

I see that you have a Steam version of SSE. Lemon ...., I think No.1 is not for you. It is for the non Steam versions. Please try what is suggested in No.2 or No.3. Be very careful if you are going to use No.3 as it says you have to create backups of your Steam games.

Please give me some time and I will search the Forum to see if I can find other solutions. I have the DVD version so it is a little different.

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 19:38:37 by vin_sun »

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 19:18:49 »

Delete the picture! Someone could steal the license key!! :police: :o :doh:
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 19:28:38 »

Mr. 2000, thank you very much. It never occurred to me and I too had blindly answered him. Thanks again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello Lemon,

Mr. 2000 is very correct. You must delete both your screenshots immediately. You should never show your license key to others as it will be stolen and used for making pirated copies.

Rgds
vin_sun
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 19:30:40 by vin_sun »

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 19:47:27 »

Thanks 2000 and Vin_Sun. Although Steam blocks double serial keys automaticly, i removed the screenshots.  :)
It's the crew that makes the difference

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 19:57:59 »

Mr. 2000 is very correct. You must delete both your screenshots immediately. You should never show your license key to others as it will be stolen and used for making pirated copies.

Rgds
vin_sun

Hello again Lemon....,

I requested a Moderator ( some one very experienced with matters concerning Ship Simulator) to remove the screenshots ......... so, not to worry now !!

Your license key was the alpha numeric one seen in those pictures at the bottom right. Use that to register with the Forum as I had told you before.

Rgds
vin_sun
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 20:01:00 by vin_sun »

Lemonparty_

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 18:11:38 »

Hello everyone,

thank you so much for the warning. And help. I am very greatful.

I have tried everything you said, and I have now registered my game.

Unfortunately nothing seemed to help me. This just makes me sad. Its like I have throwed the money in the toilet =( Just wasted. And I really wanted to play it because it looked so fun at Youtube- videos.

But, I don't think this will ever work =( :'( (ps i'm a girl lol)

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 19:20:02 »

Hi Lemon .....

Sorry to hear things are not working for you. Unfortunately, as I do not have a Steam version of the SSE I cannot help you much. I did search all of the Forum and the best solution was what I had attached in my earlier reply - Solution 2 and Solution 3. Actually it would have been best for you to order the DVD version direct from Vstep in Holland since you are from Norway. Many people who have downloaded SSE from Steam are having various problems.

OK, maybe you can try this. Contact support through the Shipsim.com website and mention your problem to them. You may get better attention. Please see the attached screenshot which guides you as to how you can do it. Also have you tried getting support from Steam ? I see there are quite some Norwegians on the Forum and maybe you could send an email to some of them.

Can you please give me the configuration of your computer. I would like to see if is suitable for SSE. Anyway, don't give up. You will certainly get a solution from somewhere / someone.

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 19:22:02 by vin_sun »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines