Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 16:50:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1. No missions available 2. walkthrough mode issue  (Read 1739 times)

SONAM

• Forum member
1. No missions available 2. walkthrough mode issue
« on: November 14, 2010, 16:56:07 »

Hi all,
1. If i attempt to open the (single) 'mission' window at any point there are no missions at all to select from, and i get the message "error147 languageID not found".
I'm running win7 ultimate, language 'US', I have purchased the downloaded version, 2 weeks ago or so. Any workaround to this?

2. In 'walkthrough' mode (enabled by pressing key '3'), i cant use my joystick (nor keyboard input) for the ship controls. I can only control the ship by mouse, dragging the user interface overlay controls, but that's not good enough for steering the vessel. Am I doing something wrong? I don't undestand why in every other view - including 'outside' views - joysticks are effective but in this one they are not!?
thanks,
sonam

mvsmith

Re: 1. No missions available 2. walkthrough mode issue
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 18:14:44 »

Hi SONAM,

Please register your SSE serial key in your forum profile to get access to the support boards.
The only missions supplied with the game are in the campaigns.

As in SS 2008, custom missions are downloaded into the Single Missions folder with the Download content option in the main menu.
There are few custom missions available because the Mission Editor has not yet been released. After that happens—perhaps before the end of this year—many missions should be available, as they are in SS 2008.
However, SSE has an entirely new mission system and editor; it may take a while for creators to become familiar with it.

Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines