Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 06:24:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I bought shipsim by steam or digital version of the game?  (Read 968 times)

nathan.rail

• Forum member
I bought shipsim by steam or digital version of the game?
« on: November 05, 2010, 18:56:34 »

The both are download content, but I want to know what's better, download by steam or by the "our products" in the shipsim official site, I already have an account in steam with Call of Duty World at War and Call of Duty 4

arkon

• Forum member
Re: I bought shipsim by steam or digital version of the game?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 19:25:25 »

Hi nathan.rail and welcome to the forum. I find that every time I order from VSTEP the program works fine whereas there have been problems with the Steam orders and updates.

Art

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 23:44:52 »

Hello Nathan, welcome to Ship Sim :)

I would personally download the game directly from the ship simulator website. This will then cut out Steam completely and would make life much simpler for you.

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

thyro

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 02:43:13 »

if steam goes under, ur steam games also go. Lucky steam has a good player platform to support steam for many years to come. However nothing would stop steam business from changing their policies and the games are deem as services... so you could eventually end up with nothing.

Buy a DVD or download directly from VSTEP is the way more secured than buying from Steam, the only advantage that steam provides is auto-update the games; thing that if you buy a DVD/VSTEP download you have to download and update your self.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines