Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 08:10:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Docking help  (Read 2069 times)

crbonfiber

• Forum member
Docking help
« on: November 16, 2010, 18:39:30 »

Can someone tell me how to untie the ropes to undock and tie up to dock.
I cant find it in the directions.  It would be nice to have some better directions
I have the Steam version.

Thanks so much

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Docking help
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 18:46:16 »

Hello,

If you look at the manual on Page 17, Section 7.5.1 you can see details on how to moor and unmoor the ship.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Docking help
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 20:47:24 »

Hi Carbnfiber,

Welcome to the Forum.

You may have observed that the manual has not explained in detail about mooring and unmooring operations.  I suppose it has assumed that all users of SSE are familiar with mooring & unmooring operations in SS 2008.

Here is a tutorial I created for you and please refer to the attached screenshots to get a clear picture. I have only used the bow as an example. The same applies to the stern too.

Mooring (Screenshots 1,2,3 and 4)
Mooring points on the bow and stern are represented by yellow "globes". Screenshot 1 explains how to enable them. You can bring on these "globes" on a vessel at any time.

It is paramount that you are within the pre-determined distance from the pier to enable the bollards on the pier. As explained in the relevant screenshot, clicking on a yellow globe on the bow / stern will result in yellow globes appearing on the pier PROVIDED you are within that predetermined distance. You can keep clicking on the yellow globes on the ship until you observe the yellow globes on the ship disappear and yellow globes appear on the pier. (To bring back the yellow globes again on the bow / stern, you have to click on the bollard icon at the bottom right of your screen). In most missions you do not have to be firmly alongside the pier to conclude that you are in fact alongside. As long as you have the required moorings at each of the shore bollards (yellow globes) SSE considers the ship to be berthed! All points on the bow and stern which have a mooring will turn red from yellow.

Unmooring (Screenshot 5)
"Switch on" the yellow / red globes on the ship by clicking on the anchor (lowest) and bollard icons located at the bottom right of the screen. Click on each of the red globes on the ship in any order. If a red globe turns yellow, it indicates that the mooring has been cast off. Once all moorings have been cast off it will be indicated by a message on the top left corner of your screen.

Trust these instructions are clear. Please feel free to ask me if you have any further doubts.

I would advise you to register your copy of SSE in your Profile in the Forum. This will give you access to all boards of the Forum and also technical help from other members / moderators. It is encouraged to post messages in the board it warrants. There is a lot of help available here.

Happy sailing !!!

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:00:15 by vin_sun »
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines