Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 11:44:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help pleasee :S  (Read 10390 times)

Rockefella09

• Forum member
help pleasee :S
« on: September 18, 2010, 20:19:00 »

Ive just bought ship sim 2008 from game uk. Im not too sure if it was preowned as it didnt say. But when its extracting in installing it shows error codes and the last i had was error code 5. Ive tried extracting the files from the 2 provided cab files which seems to work. But when i come to the liscense key part, i enter my provided key and it doesnt work. :/ Please help me

EDIT: Ive tried the key in my profile to access the technical board but even that is saying no valid key
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 20:21:01 by Rockefella09 »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: help pleasee :S
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 20:28:46 »

Hi Rockefella09,

Could you send the key to me in a personal message please? (Don't post it on a public board of course.)

Then I'll see if I can get it sorted for you.

Cheers.

Regards,
Fred

Rockefella09

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 20:29:17 »

okay thanks you very much :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 20:29:38 »

you're very welcome!  :thumbs:

Nadger

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 19:31:34 »

Ive just bought ship sim 2008 from game uk. Im not too sure if it was preowned as it didnt say. But when its extracting in installing it shows error codes and the last i had was error code 5. Ive tried extracting the files from the 2 provided cab files which seems to work. But when i come to the liscense key part, i enter my provided key and it doesnt work. :/ Please help me

EDIT: Ive tried the key in my profile to access the technical board but even that is saying no valid key

I have the same problem would you mind if I pm you as well Mad fred?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 19:33:14 »

Certainly not, go right ahead.  :thumbs:

I'll await your pm!  :)

Lonewolf551

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 12:19:01 »

Hi Rockefella09,

I've exactly the same problem, 6 times now all games purchased from "Game", all saying invalid key, like you it says invalid when I try to register it here on the forums. According to Fred when I pm'd him Its Games problem however according to Game its Shipsims problem. I have pm'd Fred again today requesting a new key and hopefully this time I will get one. Good luck to all here with this problem.

In all fairness to Fred he responded to my first enquiry within 12 hours, so thanks Fred ;)

So, lets crack on and give us all new keys so we can play :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 13:46:14 »

You're very welcome!!!

I answered your other email just now btw!

Regards,
Fred

Lonewolf551

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 14:38:50 »

Hi Fred,

Yep, thanks for the VERY speedy reply, contents of which have been duly digested  ;)

I have been in contact with the Game distribution director by telephone and passed on your comments and to date they have not received any notification from the distributors regarding product recalls or faulty license keys.

With regards to your email, thanks for your most welcome help and support in this matter and I hope that it can be resolved at some stage, there is nothing more frustrating than having a game you cannot play  :lol:

Anyway, thanks for your help it's much appreciated.

By the way, I did realise you were a volunteer :) 

:2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Rockefella09

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 18:08:52 »

Ive just come back from my local game store, they switched the box set and now ive reinstalled it and it works, good luck getting your working codes.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 20:08:27 »

Alas, the main problem with so called 2nd hand games is that the previous owner did register his copy, then, after a while, sold the original but did not un-register his copy.
Then the new owner got an 'already in use' license key, and the administrators can clean up the mess.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 00:37:46 »

Hi Fred,

Yep, thanks for the VERY speedy reply, contents of which have been duly digested  ;)

I have been in contact with the Game distribution director by telephone and passed on your comments and to date they have not received any notification from the distributors regarding product recalls or faulty license keys.

With regards to your email, thanks for your most welcome help and support in this matter and I hope that it can be resolved at some stage, there is nothing more frustrating than having a game you cannot play  :lol:

Anyway, thanks for your help it's much appreciated.

By the way, I did realise you were a volunteer :)  

:2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

You are very welcome!  :thumbs:

If you go into your profile you will find a license key registered there, which should solve your problem. You can use this key from now on and disregard the one that came with the game.  :thumbs:

Let me know if you experience any more problems with it!!

Regards,
Fred

p.s. You can also obtain the free vessel 'Jumbo Javelín' from your profile, it's well worth downloading and installing that aswell!  :)

Lonewolf551

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 06:19:11 »

Hi Fred,

As a newbie here of 2 days I would like to say for all to see that I am impressed with the proffessional and very speedy way in which you have dealt with my request. Replies to my emails have been made well within 8 hours of me sending them.

I have now sucessfully registered Shipsim 2008 with the new key you have supplied. Once again thanks for the help and support, you are a credit to shipsim.com.

Well done, have a great weekend.

Kindest regards

Kevin

:2thumbs:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 06:27:17 »

:blush:

You are too kind! Of course Vstep stood behind me and made it possible to help you with this problem, it wasn't just me.  ;)

And you are very welcome of course! I am glad we got it all sorted!!

Happy Sailing and welcome aboard the shipsim community!  :thumbs:

Regards,
Fred

Lonewolf551

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 07:56:15 »

Your welcome Fred, credit where credit is due  ;)

Rockefella09
Glad Game sorted you out ok  :thumbs:

Aad The Pirate
The problem with Game sold copies was a distribution problem. Iceberg Interactive generated the keys for the Game distributed copies but were incorrect. Therefore the batch that were sold when registered would not work. Vstep were told that the issue had been resolved and that Game were issuing a product recall with either a replacement working copy or a full refund being offered. However this was not the case, Iceberg had not informed Game of the problem and as of yesterday the issue had still not been resolved.

For any new members that have purchased a copy from Game with an invalid key, my advice is to PM Mad_Fred with with a brief description of the problem, add your license key and attach a copy of the receipt and he will do his best to help you out. 

ggycool

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 09:08:03 »

i had a same problem , ,,  need help here  :'(

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 11:50:39 »

Hi ggycool,

Actually, you have a different problem, your key is an illegal one and illegal versions of the game cannot be updated, that's why it no longer works after you did that.

I've answered your pm, you must buy a legal version, it's basically as simple as that. We'll give you a chance to do so before a potential ban for the use of a pirated version of the game, is applied.

Regards,
Fred

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 20:13:50 »

Above of that I suggest to give him a pricecup too  :evil: for awakening a topic which was sound asleep  :sleepy: for 3 years, 4 month and a few days.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines