Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 08:49:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sse Crash  (Read 1647 times)

davy baby

• Forum member
sse Crash
« on: October 11, 2010, 19:17:05 »

Hi , can any one out there help me please.Played SSE yesterday all was fine. On starting sse up today I had to re enter license keys. and new profile obviously this meant all my previous saved games were gone ,they are still in the user data file but cannot reopen them are they gone forever,or must I have to complete campaigns all over again

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: sse Crash
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 00:19:37 »

Hi Dave,

Have you tried applying the hotfix?
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

davy baby

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:24:18 »

It would seem every time I switch PC off & start it up next day I am required to re enter my licence key for SSE & Bonus Key. Then have to create profile. obviously  this means saved missions erased .This has happened on 2 occasions.When I look in the user data file the saved missions are there also the profile ,but unable to access them , would reinstalling the game help

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 13:26:24 »

Hi Dave you could try reinstalling the game. Give that a shot and let us know how you get on :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

davy baby

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 10:23:03 »

Hi one & all
had to bite the bullet completely uninstalled SSE & reinstalled from scratch.Fingers crossed seems to have worked thanks for your input.
Davy

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 12:29:19 »

Hi Dave,

You're welcome :)

I'll leave the topic unlocked in case there is a problem :)

wiztuck

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 15:32:04 »

Just a side thought... Is your computer keeping the correct time? CMOS battery OK? I don't know if this would effect the running of SSE. Hope your reinstall fixed everything.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 15:51:34 »

Hi Wiztuck,

Welcome to the forums! :)

The time on the computer wouldn't effect anything really, as the game runs it's own time. Plus the time wouldn't (and shouldn't!) crash the game :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines