Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 22:44:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: found some work for the harbor tug  (Read 2031 times)

DeepSea

• Forum member
found some work for the harbor tug
« on: September 03, 2007, 17:35:37 »

after docking the Vermaas container ship I pick up a barge close by. first I made up in pushing gear, then tried towing along side and finally put the barge on the tow line.
make it a good day

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: found some work for the harbor tug
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 17:55:42 »

Was your towing along side successful? I tried it myself some times to create a mission with that kind of towage and the tug suffered so much damage, that I couldn't continue it. Therefor I asked the developers to make it more sturdy.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

DeepSea

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 19:52:15 »

hello Bottman, damage was not a problem, of course I was in calm water in the harbor, but this tug does not seem to have sufficient rudder  power to tow this way, I was able to make it work but I had to put the rudder hard over to port with stbd engine full ahead and port out of gear to maintain my heading, speed seems a little slow as well, a maximum of only 2 to 3 kts. this way and approx. 4 kts. pushing ahead or towing astern. I was expecting 7 to 8 kts. towing and maybe 9 pushing ahead.

playing around with a tandom tow now.

make it a good day

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 19:59:01 »

hello Bottman, damage was not a problem, of course I was in calm water in the harbor, but this tug does not seem to have sufficient rudder  power to tow this way, I was able to make it work but I had to put the rudder hard over to port with stbd engine full ahead and port out of gear to maintain my heading, speed seems a little slow as well, a maximum of only 2 to 3 kts. this way and approx. 4 kts. pushing ahead or towing astern. I was expecting 7 to 8 kts. towing and maybe 9 pushing ahead.

playing around with a tandom tow now.

Notice the vermaas in the back is leaning :p

How did you hook up to those small ships?

DeepSea

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 22:40:38 »

hello Agent|Austin,
for towing astern simply click on the towline option and click where you want too hook up at, I used two towlines with the single barge to simulate having a bridle, for pushing or towing along side use the mooring option.
make it a good day

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 22:47:21 »

hello Agent|Austin,
for towing astern simply click on the towline option and click where you want too hook up at, I used two towlines with the single barge to simulate having a bridle, for pushing or towing along side use the mooring option.

But how did you get the other ship to be able to tow. Was it AI or just stationary? Or did someone make it a mission?

DeepSea

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 22:55:52 »

get close to the barge or ship and click either tow line or moring and the bitts  will light up then click on them to attach your line
make it a good day

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 23:21:08 »

I got up next to it. Pressed the tow line button and then the green dot on my winch but there were no points on any other boat. This was in free roam at the port of rotterdam.

DeepSea

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 00:31:09 »

I haven't tried it in free roam yet but after you click on the tow option and the winch drum turns green click on the winch drum and see if the bitts light up on the barge or ship you are trying to tow.

I finally made it into the North Sea with this tow but looks like I need the Fairmount Sherpa !!!

make it a good day

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 00:50:36 »

I haven't tried it in free roam yet but after you click on the tow option and the winch drum turns green click on the winch drum and see if the bitts light up on the barge or ship you are trying to tow.

I finally made it into the North Sea with this tow but looks like I need the Fairmount Sherpa !!!

Thats what I did.

DeepSea

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 13:04:08 »

hey Agent|Austin,
I was using  the "inbound for Hamburg" mission, I tried to find a tow in free roaming but it didn't seem to work so far.
make it a good day
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines