Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 07:28:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Radar and no other traffic in free roaming ?  (Read 1387 times)

BigBravo21

• Forum member
No Radar and no other traffic in free roaming ?
« on: September 02, 2010, 19:04:16 »

In the book which came with the boxed retail store version of the sim it says there is radar. I don't seem to be able to access any radar. At university I did a module on The Law of Collisions at Sea. We went to a place which was a simulated bridge of a ship. In real scale. A big ship. The sim recreated famous collisions at sea as seen by the real radar returns at the time. I was fascinated by how, when each ship can only see a RELATIVE bearing, each ship turns inwards towards the other. All the time fascinated by how or why the relative bearing stays the same! Each ship continues on it's onward course to disaster. Each tunring left (or right, the effect is the same) to oblivion. Nowadays, there are computer interfaces which have all this knowledge built in, they know the death spiral they are in and they can getr out of it. It helps that they can guage relative speed.
Anyway, I can't see radar, and I can't see any other to use it if it was there. I am new to this. I used Ship Sim 2008 a lot but there seems a lot more stuff in this. I don't understand all of this yet......
Radar and traffic......

Denis

• Global Moderator
Re: No Radar and no other traffic in free roaming ?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 19:06:17 »

Hi BigBravo,

you can switch from Map to Radar by clicking on the small C/R icon, on top of the map window.

BigBravo21

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 19:19:11 »

Thanks for V fast response v cool!
BUT (absolutely NO disrespect intended) before I try what you suggested (what 500+ plus posts, respect !)
I gotta teel you, (about the previous post) each captain was reacting a the same time ! Each was saying to himself, this hasn 't worked , go the other way. Each in the same rythm. Each to his doom. Every course change was mirrored by the other Cpatain. Anyway, thankyou. Any ideas about how to get traffic when I'm roaming ? I need to get experience of these vessels before I commit them to a campaign !

goodles

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 20:06:42 »

currenly their is infact no traffic in the free roaming
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines