Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 06:54:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Screen error + POSSIBLE FIX!  (Read 6201 times)

SpRKecoon

• Forum member
Black Screen error + POSSIBLE FIX!
« on: August 30, 2010, 15:01:04 »

help meee ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 13:42:50 by Frank_VSTEP »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Black Screen error???
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 15:14:48 »

Hi SpRKecoon,

This issue has been discussed before. Please use the search function before you post your issue :)

Also if you register your license key in your forum profile, you can see the topic I created about this issue, and any devlopements too.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20307.0.html
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

TJK

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 15:37:05 »

And i see from you screen shot, you have allot of programs run in the background that use memory and the gedget as the clock and so, close it and maybe you PC will run more faster and maybe the game will work to, no promises do, but you are using allot of unnecessary memory with this thing to run

Tore

SpRKecoon

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 15:46:11 »

TJK

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 15:54:07 »

I know that SpRKecoon 
but i still mean watt i say

Tore

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 21:05:08 »

I have the exact same error.
Win7 x64
If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

TJK

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 21:07:45 »

HI NiElS

Have you tryed that we say to SpRKecoon
read this http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20307.msg276904.html#msg276904

and please add you serial key into you forum profile http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=profile
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 21:09:34 by TJK »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 21:09:05 »

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20307.0.html Topic error

Hi there,

You will need to register your SSE license key in your forum profile. Just clik profile at the top of the page and enter your license key in the box about 3/4 of the way down the page :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 09:38:58 »

To be honest, I don't have one (yet).
I always test the game first and if I like it, I buy it.
That's what I did with ss06 and ss08.

The game started proper, but then I clicked at settings on ''Run minimized'' and after that I never have been able to start te game since. So now I still don't know if I like the game.

TJK

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 10:38:28 »

HI All

i have got this message from the developer team

There is currently no Steam update for this. We are still puzzled as to why this happens. We tried many thing, but no luck yet. The boxed versions do not seem affected, just the steam version.

We tested it on a couple of pc's and got the same problem (no menus) and re-installing the game seems to help in some cases.

Tore

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 11:09:43 »

Thank you, that is very kind of you to show me that.
I'm glad someone understands me, instead of giving me a ban.
Guess I have to buy the download version to get it work. But still, if I don't like it i've spend money
on something that I dislike. Well, will see what i'm going to do.

Thanks again  :thumbs:

lordk90

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 02:09:15 »

Is there a fix for this allready? Lets say that a friend of mine got a PC with the same graphic card and CPU (i just have more ram) and he is stuck in that black screen.

Just want to know if this is allready fixed, before i make my purchase tru steam

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 02:11:05 »

Hi all,

This issue should now be fixed. Please follow the information found in this thread:

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20458.msg278371.html#msg278371

lordk90

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 02:13:30 »

Thank you going to buy right away ;D so excited to play this

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:12 »

You're very welcome! ;D

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 11:14:56 »

On my laptop the game is working fine even on full high graphics it runs nice and smooth  :thumbs:

But on my desktop PC it is showing the black screen  ??? I have reinstalled steam and its now downloading the game again with all the latest updates because before steam wasn't doing them. When I loaded up the game I would see the menu but no water it was all black yet it played the sounds etc. So I hope it works when its finished downloading.
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 12:33:53 »

Gents,

Ok a fix for users experiencing the "black screen problem" is to run the file "unregister.exe" from your installation root folder.

For STEAM versions that is default: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ship simulator extremes\unregister.exe
For non-STEAM versions that is default: C:\Program Files\Vstep\ShipSimExtremes\unregister.exe

That should do the trick. Please take note that this deletes your profile and license key info, so you will have to enter that again when you startup the game.

Let me know if this works.
Frank
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 13:38:12 by Frank_VSTEP »

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 14:47:38 »

Gents,

Ok a fix for users experiencing the "black screen problem" is to run the file "unregister.exe" from your installation root folder.

For STEAM versions that is default: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ship simulator extremes\unregister.exe
For non-STEAM versions that is default: C:\Program Files\Vstep\ShipSimExtremes\unregister.exe

That should do the trick. Please take note that this deletes your profile and license key info, so you will have to enter that again when you startup the game.

Let me know if this works.
Frank

Tried it put in my key again and it never worked still the same.

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 14:58:36 »

Tried it put in my key again and it never worked still the same.

The black screen happens before license key entry? Correct?
So how can you fill in your key?

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 15:03:19 »

The black screen happens before license key entry? Correct?
So how can you fill in your key?

Its a bit different for me it will display the menu and everything but where the sea is meant to be its all black and when I go into the ship preview some parts of the boat load up in white and black.

It's only not working on my Desktop PC.

I've played the game a few times on my laptop and its ok.

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 15:17:53 »

Its a bit different for me it will display the menu and everything but where the sea is meant to be its all black and when I go into the ship preview some parts of the boat load up in white and black.

It's only not working on my Desktop PC.

I've played the game a few times on my laptop and its ok.

Ah sounds like another issue. Have you contacted Tech Support and posted it in the forum?

lordk90

• Forum member
Re: Black Screen error + POSSIBLE FIX!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 17:12:37 »

Well yesterday i was super happy and ran to warn my mate that steam had released a patch, and here is the tricky bit the steam patch didnt fix the black screen problem and now im not sure if i go and buy the game and risk it or wait for a fix.
If it helps he has an ATI and he says the game is super slow for this cards because his laptop can run good games but with ship simulator extremes its slow, that was the reason for him to go to the desktop. BTW unregistered doesnt work either.

Hope it fixes soon i am wanting to play this for 4 days now or 3 and my mate that has bought the game cant even play it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines