Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 20:34:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Despite the flaws, an amazing game  (Read 2006 times)

Maelmoor

• Forum member
Despite the flaws, an amazing game
« on: August 31, 2010, 22:40:33 »

We all know the game feels unfinished, released a bit too early with too little testing, it has bug, some stuff are missing and so on...

..but when I take the cutter from Dover to Calais, in rough sea but the sun is shining, then I get the right feeling. Leaving the white cliffs of Dover behind me, the boat is rocking, the sea looks real and the steering feels good.

Yes the game should have been more polished at release but bugs can be patched but the feeling in a game can never be patched and SSE got that feeling.

mullet559

• Forum member
Re: Despite the flaws, an amazing game
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 23:12:53 »

up coming patches will be released soon from v step and bugs will be patched also the lag hopefully.
yours epicly, mullet559

george2234

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 00:55:15 »

I agree ... I live in Sydney and the depiction of Sydney Harbour is beautiful ... now if we could only get a Sydney ferry to run between Circular Quay and Manly ...  ;)

Miller85

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:15:20 »

I've never used a ship simulator of any kind before so really didn't know what to expect from SSE. I like sims in general though and wanted to have a go; well after the initial problem of not having an activation key I'm quickly realising there's a lot of enjoyment to be had from the game.

So far I've (in free roam) navigating ice floes in a supertanker (successfully!), sank Greenpeace's Esperanza after colliding with Fort Denison in Sydney harbour (it was heavy fog and I wasn't au fait with the map/radar :captain: ) and piloted the Rainbow Warrior up in to Padstow Bay (I grew up ten miles from there  :D ), narrowly avoiding grounding her while turning-around to head back out to see.

There's been some quirks; the frame rate is fine for the most part but I'm finding if I keep the external camera in a fixed position for long the FPS takes a nose-dive until I move the camera - after which it's back to normal. A couple of scenery-objects have disappeared and reappeared before my eyes (depending on the angle of the camera) and after sinking the Esperanza decided to jump back out of the water and land on it's side. Shame I didn't have a video recording of that...

Now all I need to figure out is how to download the pre-order content (the extra vessel  :-\ )

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 01:19:38 »

Hi Miller, to get the Sigita, go to the Ship Sim page, login, go to orders & downloads..
There you will find the link to download the ship and extra missions.. :)
 (write down the code, you will need it)

http://www.shipsim.com/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:25:27 by saltydog »

Miller85

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:33:53 »

Hi Miller, to get the Sigita, go to the Ship Sim page, login, go to orders & downloads..
There you will find the link to download the ship and extra missions.. :)
 (write down the code, you will need it)

http://www.shipsim.com/

Thanks Saltydog; I don't wish to hijack the thread completely but there's nothing listed in Orders & Downloads at all. My game (and the pre-order code) are registered with my account here on the forum but no codes are listed at the main Ship Sim website. I'll keep trying though...  :)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 01:49:45 »

That is strange..No doubt a mod may be able to help you with this.. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines