Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 07:20:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound seems very quiet  (Read 1298 times)

fishlikelong

• Forum member
Sound seems very quiet
« on: August 31, 2010, 21:34:53 »

So I have 5.1 speakers for my PC and I have all of the sound levels on high, yet the game seems very quiet.
Any way to boost the sound any more?

Chitch

• Forum member
Re: Sound seems very quiet
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 22:00:28 »

I've got the same kind of sound system here, and I've noticed that too.  I've been experimenting with different types of ships on the sound....it seems as though some of the ships are 'noisier' than others...like a cruise ship doesn't sound like a wagon full of tin cans going down a bumpy road..it's much quieter...so if I vary my distance from the ship (if I'm in #1 mode), then I notice that the sound level will come up some....when I'm in the bridge, it's the same kind of thing only more subtle.....tugs, motor yachts, and trawlers will always generate more sound than a liner or a supertanker.  Even the Agile Solution is pretty loud on the bridge, but if you're outside of it and back away from it...it's very hard to hear.

About the only thing that I'd like to see boosted is the horn/whistle volume and the ambient sea noises.

Jim

fishlikelong

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 22:55:51 »

It's more the ambiance than anything that needs boosting. I mean, I'd like to hear more of the ocean and the lapping of the waves on the ship.

blackhawks41

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 00:03:56 »

Do you possibly have a matrix mode on the speakers that is turned on? I have a button on my logitech 5.1 speakers that pushes mono sound to all speakers. If you have this turned on when a game, movie etc... has actual surround sound it will actually drop certain channels. Also maybe try configuring the speakers to different settings in your operating system?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines