Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 05:41:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Main Menu  (Read 3642 times)

totalheader

• Forum member
No Main Menu
« on: August 31, 2010, 17:11:31 »

Hello, after 3 hours of trying to install the game i finally got it to load, well so i thought, my game is not loading the main menu, just spinning water, can anyone please help.

BigBravo21

• Forum member
Re: No Main Menu
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 17:32:27 »

After two days of trying to get it registered, same here !
Just water and by pressing shift+Tab, some menu about what game groups and freinds are on line (none unsurprisingly!).
Can anyone help ?
I once saw the create profile thing and mistakenly clicked on "create profile" without typing anything in (cos it was at the top and I thought you had to click that to create a new one. Then it said error in red letters near the profile thing and that's it, just water from then on !!!!

BigBravo21

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 17:33:15 »

Oh, by the way, yes I've tried re-installing.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 17:34:26 »

this is a well known bug,
and vstep are working to fix this issue,
also, can i suggest that you both register your SSE keys on the forum, so you can get tech support,
smit
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

totalheader

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 17:40:15 »

How do i register my key

Team Namami

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 17:41:21 »

Quite relieved at some parts that I wasn't the only one facing this problem, and the tech team already knows it.
Seems like all guys facing this problem has to wait for patch V1.2 or something like that then... :captain:

SeaSheep

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 18:15:54 »

same here.... so anyone knows how long until the patch?

BigBravo21

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 18:27:32 »

I can't see where I register my SSE key on here ????

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 18:30:25 »

To register a key on the forum go to your profile you will find the button for it at the top of the forum. When your on your profile scroll down until you see 'Registered license keys' put in your key and register it.
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

SeaSheep

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 19:18:44 »

same here... did you purchase the game via internet or bought a hardcopy. I have  a hardcopy. anyone knows how long the patch will take?

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 20:16:33 »

I haven't had a problem with SSE yet, maybe because I haven't received it yet!!!!!  However I am getting a wee bit concerned with the number of bugs that seem to be coming up with those who do have the game and have posted their complaints on the forum.  For a brand new game this is not good news and begs the question about the QA of the game before it was released and as it was beta tested why didn't these bugs show up then??

Like many others I got, well be positive, the game at top price from VSTEP, when it arrives, and would not expect so many complaints.  Number one son and heir is well versed in computer games of whatever genre and is also a beta tester and he was very surprised when I recounted to him the number of complaints and talk of patches when the game has only just been released.  Of course my copy, when it arrives, will run perfectly first time.......I hope!!!

regards

metman

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 20:25:42 »

I HAd this problem i deelited steam and then reinstalled steam and SSE and it worked  :)
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)

mullet559

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 20:29:28 »

steam now has an update for sse just restart steam and it will download :thumbs:

Destrega

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 20:29:39 »

I haven't had a problem with SSE yet, maybe because I haven't received it yet!!!!!  However I am getting a wee bit concerned with the number of bugs that seem to be coming up with those who do have the game and have posted their complaints on the forum.  For a brand new game this is not good news and begs the question about the QA of the game before it was released and as it was beta tested why didn't these bugs show up then??

Like many others I got, well be positive, the game at top price from VSTEP, when it arrives, and would not expect so many complaints.  Number one son and heir is well versed in computer games of whatever genre and is also a beta tester and he was very surprised when I recounted to him the number of complaints and talk of patches when the game has only just been released.  Of course my copy, when it arrives, will run perfectly first time.......I hope!!!

regards

metman

ALL GAMES no matter what platform will have bugs n probs despite months of Beta. Many patches will follow. Annoys me that people expect games to work with no bugs atall at release  ::)
-Member Of The Tug Community-
Name: Destrega   Vessel: Sherpa

mullet559

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 23:00:15 »

problems are all fixed now just restart steam and it will install a patch
sorry for any inconvinece

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 09:10:21 »

problems are all fixed now just restart steam and it will install a patch