Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 22:51:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Throttle question  (Read 2653 times)

Gilligan

• Forum member
Throttle question
« on: August 28, 2010, 08:44:04 »

Hello all!

I understand that there's a left engine and right engine throttle. How can I accelerate both engines at the same time, without going full throttle? When hit the up arrow, I go full speed. As soon as I release the up arrow, it stops.
When I use the mouse to manually accelerate I can only accelerate either the right or left engine. This makes it difficult to accelerate both engines the same rate.

Hope that made sense.

Any ideas?

saltydog

• Forum member
Re: Throttle question
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:47:52 »

Hi Gilligan, welcome..In the controls menu, switch on "precision steering".. :)

Gilligan

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 08:54:12 »

Hi Gilligan, welcome..In the controls menu, switch on "precision steering".. :)

:doh:
Thank you! I'm glad it was something so simple

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 09:00:41 »

Precision steering "off" is handy for fast boats..  Have fun.. :thumbs:

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 09:56:37 »

Hi Gilligan,

Saltydog gave you the trick, however let me add there's a new functionnality in Extremes, that lets you enable/disable Precision Steering mode at any time, in game, by pressing the F12 key. This is very useful !

Oh, and you should register your license key in your forum profile too, that would give you access to the technical support board, in case you need it.

Gilligan

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 08:02:23 »

Hi Gilligan,

Saltydog gave you the trick, however let me add there's a new functionnality in Extremes, that lets you enable/disable Precision Steering mode at any time, in game, by pressing the F12 key. This is very useful !

Oh, and you should register your license key in your forum profile too, that would give you access to the technical support board, in case you need it.

Thank you! That is extremely helpful and was actually going to be my next question.

I am very happy with Extreme so far. I hate hearing how so many people are having probelms, but fortunately I am not one of them. I avoided Steam and purchased it directly through Shipsim.com. Downloaded in about 20 minutes, and about an additional 5 for the patch. No problems on my end.

For those having problem, I assure you it's worth the wait.

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 13:45:48 »

Hi Gilligan,

As an alternative to enabling “Precision steering”, simply hold either shift key down while you tap the arrow keys.
This allows you to quickly return to dead ahead or stop by just tapping an arrow key without holding a shift key. For a further discussion, you can download a monograph on operating azimuth drives from here:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19793.0.html

Regards,
Marty

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 16:31:28 »

In SS 08 you can move the throttles of the port and starboard engines simultaneously by clicking at the middle of the two throttles. I miss this feature in SSE 2010.  Where is this feature of moving the two throttles simultaneously by clicking on them in the middle in SSE 2010?

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 17:22:46 »

Usually when I am using Bugsier 2, I use almost only keyboard, with the shift key for precision. I don't know if you guys know, but you can use the numerical keyboard to control individually the azipods.

The 7 and 1 keys, controls the port azipod, 4 resets it.
The 9 and 3 keys, controls the starboard azipod, 6 resets it.
Press 5 and it will reset all the azipods to neutral.

This only controls the rotation speed, not the angle, which means that you can only increase or decrease speed.

Pressing shift and one of the numbers, you can increase speed with precision, a small amount at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines