Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 14:35:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SSE - First Impressions  (Read 8216 times)

mvsmith

Re: SSE - First Impressions
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 15:26:47 »

In game my only gripe is that the waypoints are not as clearly defined as they used to be, but I think that may be because we were 'spoon-fed' in previous versions and this now seems more Simulator and less Game.

Hi syd,

If you mean the elimination of less-than-realistic green circles on the water, that is certainly an improvement.
In the new paradigm, less emphasis is on waypoints in favor of objectives.

The elimination of the waypoint stack is also a plus because it sometimes was too long to fit on the user’s screen. It did serve to prepare the player for what he might be expected to do at the next waypoint (slow down, stop, make a sharp turn, etc.) if the notes were carefully written and read.

The way in which the hidden triggers in ’08 are now handled is a mixed blessing:
Missing the EX triggers was the major problem that players had in SS 2008. In SSE the trigger positions are marked on the chart and the CTW & DTW is given on the conning screen. However, the DTW is to the center of the trigger, not to the point where the trigger will happen, which may be several hundred meters closer. The trigger radius is usually not known to the player if the marker lies on a white background. The unexpected action, such has finding himself on a different ship, can be disconcerting to the player.
We await the release of a mission editor to see if better missions are possible in the new system.

Thank you for your positive comments.
Regards,
Marty

Robert67

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 16:49:53 »

For me is SSE abig Step back against 08.

To many restictions, like cameras, rudder indikator, bouys, and so on.

Graphic is nice, gameplay mmh.

Try go back with the BU2!
The Schottel cant be turn full around.
How will you steer the BU2 back??
This is not real.

Damage model is much too strong

Why are there 2 lever for the Bowthruster at the PoR?
Stern Thru. doesnt work
How can I distinguish the lever bow and aftthruster at the Sherpa?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 17:01:39 by Robert67 »
Thinkpad W700 Quadcore Extreme 2,53 NVidia FX3700 1GB, 8GB RAM SSD 128 GB W7 64bit
Eigenbau Asus Core2 Quad 2,66@3 GHz, ATI HD6870, 8GB RAM, 1268 SSD, Win7 64bit

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 19:18:56 »

Every extra's in the game takes very much time to create,as we all know that now afther 4 of 5 years.
I think that most will return in later patches and updates.
O.K. i know everything can be improved,but thats just normal.The future will tell.
Marc   P.S.I like what i have for now allready.

I thought that SSE was a smaller version of SSP/Nautis? There are problems with the SSE missions, mission editor already exists in SSP/Nautis, the same applies for the radar, ship/steering equipement, traffic rules... problems.

Why do they not update SSE with components of SSP/Nautis?
Thats why VSTEP takes the SSP/Nautis videos away from youtube.
One month ago, I saw a few Nautis movies (very detailed) that can solve
all SSE problems. But they have been removed with the realease of SSE .
Those upgrades already exist, why not use them?
Add some extras to improve the simulation, navigation, currents...
Why are we just talking about those graphics?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 19:32:11 by krisostend »

Gribych

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 19:51:59 »

I'm disappointed. I thout that it would be a real simulator but it's a real arcade. I can't use the buttoms on the bridge. Radio doesn't work. I wanted to see on the bridge some peoples. Passing vessels look like cardboard.
For game of 2010 badly.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 20:30:54 »

Kristostend,

apart from pro or whatever it's being called THIS week being a totally different 'game' engine, it is also a professional tool designed for professional mariners.

Sorry, but there needs to be a difference or professionals will buy the much cheaper one.

MSFS uses the same data as a professional flight sim, but would you expect a major airline to train its pilots on it?
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 20:40:35 »

I'm disappointed. I thout that it would be a real simulator but it's a real arcade. I can't use the buttoms on the bridge. Radio doesn't work. I wanted to see on the bridge some peoples. Passing vessels look like cardboard.
For game of 2010 badly.

Well I agree that its a game and not a simulator, because not much is actually simulated. On the other hand, most people are only interested in sailing the ships, and not all the technical systems like engine controls, fire panels and so on. Working radar on the bridge would be a huge fps killer.

In this version it looks like they tried to create more realism, and removed some unrealistic functions like the engines on/off. I mean you don't start the engines of a large cruiseliner by pushing a button or turning a key like we did in SS08. So it looks good enough for me as long as I can control the speed and direction.

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 21:43:33 »

For game of 2010 badly.

Well....you didn't spend 5 Million on it either....and real to life simulators are running very high prices. (I'm thinking commercial simulators here).  I don't really agree that passing vessels look like cardboard.  I have a picture of a liner passing in a channel, and it looks really good!  I'll post it for your viewing.

Jim

ehabdotnet

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 17:28:28 »

please my dear please   i am ehab form jordan . and i am a marine officer in aqaba port control .  how can down load boat or ship simulator to my pc 
i please to help me

this is my e mail if you can help me   
ehabdotnet@hotmail.com, i thank you so much

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2011, 17:32:59 »

I thought that SSE was a smaller version of SSP/Nautis? There are problems with the SSE missions, mission editor already exists in SSP/Nautis, the same applies for the radar, ship/steering equipement, traffic rules... problems.

Why do they not update SSE with components of SSP/Nautis?
Thats why VSTEP takes the SSP/Nautis videos away from youtube.
One month ago, I saw a few Nautis movies (very detailed) that can solve
all SSE problems. But they have been removed with the realease of SSE .
Those upgrades already exist, why not use them?
Add some extras to improve the simulation, navigation, currents...
Why are we just talking about those graphics?

this is the video i saw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E8N0LSnL0w

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2011, 17:59:56 »

ehabdotnet,
There is a demo that you can download here. You can easily check if your pc will be able to run the game.
In this page, you can also check if your configuration is good enough, if it meets the minimum requirements.
Good luck,
Luc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines