Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 07:16:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SSE Steam add ons?  (Read 1306 times)

MrTitanic

• Forum member
SSE Steam add ons?
« on: October 08, 2010, 22:06:32 »

I am a bit fuzzled about this its may seem ridicolous but when add-ons are released will they be available on Steam because i have the steam version :( so i can't download anything from the official website which will mean i can't get add-ons from here i really want the Titanic i'm also guessing that if add-ons are going to be released on Steam they'll be twice the price then they cost here i saw a Railworks add-on that cost more than i paid for the actual game it was £20 and i got the game for £14 Steam is a money making scam in my opinion.
and sorry i went off-topic there but i really would like to know
Thanks

RYAN123

• Forum member
Re: SSE Steam add ons?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 20:58:53 »

steam updates it for you if u fo on SSE now u should have it
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 21:07:26 »

Don´t worry MrTitanic, all customers will get a chance to purchase any addon that might be released.

If there is anything available, then you won´t miss out just because you have bought the Steam version.

And the price is not up to Steam, as I believe. That would be unfair if Vstep charges one ammount, and the Steam version would be much more expensive. What other gameshop websites do is often up to them, if they want to be cheaper and makes less profit per unit, but maybe sell more copies on the whole that way. But making an addon twice as expensive just cause it´s on steam, I don´t see that happen!

But sometimes addon makers, specially 3rd party addons I mean, can also make their own price. There´s FSX addons and addon packages out there that cost more than FSX does now. But that´s just because they made a very high level of quality addon, and it´s usually worth every penny, especially if the subject of the addon is your particular favorite. I´m not sure if Railworks has 3rd party addons, but that might just be the same thing there.

Anyway, no need to worry about that with Ship Simulator.

Regards,
Fred

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 21:09:19 »

Railworks has quite afew addons and yes it is the same as FS some of the addons cost more than the game. :captain:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 21:19:20 »

I reckon some of them are user-made and higher quality then the original content, like FS?  If so, or if they are very elaborate, then it doesn't surprise me if some would cost more.

not uncommon at least.  ;D

Some 3rd party groups even charge way too much in my humble opinion, for what they really offer.. I can only imagine why..   ::)

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 22:04:02 »

And Vstep them self can not change the prices of the games, cause they are bound to a contract with the publisher.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines