Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 21:55:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: have how I buy and download SSE in one computer and installl in other  (Read 2614 times)

nathan.rail

• Forum member

I will buy SSE in this sale of 50% off, but my computer is broken, and is that computer that I use to play games, and I will put a new video card in it, I will can't use it before the sale run out. I am asking for who bought the digital version, if I can buy and download the game in my sister laptop (which is what I am using now) and install and play in my desktop when it will be ready, because my sister laptop haven't got the minimum requiriments to play.
I can do it? ???

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: have how I buy and download SSE in one computer and installl in other
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 18:51:31 »

Hi nathan.rail,

If you purchase the game as a download, you should be able to download it again at any time from your Ship Sim account (On the actual Ship Sim site, not the forum).

Hope this helps.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

nathan.rail

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 00:50:59 »

it means that I can downlaod it in any computer, it's only enter in the site and start the download?
At any moment? In any computer? 

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 00:56:04 »

Which computer you use to download it or play it doesn't really matter.

But, the EULA says that you have a license for the use of the software on one single computer (at a time) for one single user.

So you can't install/play it on more than one. But you can just uninstall again, and then reinstall on the next one, no problem.

If that computer does not have the required specifications though, it might not work. That's logical though.

But you can download it again later... or transfer the downloaded game to another computer as well after it is repaired.

Regards,
Fred

nathan.rail

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 01:03:37 »

Good, I only want to use one computer, I don't need two.
So, I will buy it tomorow, and it's only don't start the download in this computer, maintain the download there in my account, and than, whan my computer is rapaired, go to my account and download it, yeah? It's not necessary to download it in the computer that I use to buy, I don't need to download it imediataly after buy it, yeah?

How I do to tarnsfer the downloaded game to other computer? ??? 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:05:16 by nathan.rail »

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 08:28:15 »

Hi Nathan,

You are right. You need not install SSE into the computer you are using to place the online order.

Whenever you log in to shipsim.com with your user name and password you will be automatically be taken to the "Account Management" page.

In this page click on "Orders & Downloads" and you will see "Orders overview" and "Downloads overview" and "License key overview"

In "Downloads Overview" you will see "Ship Simulator Extremes" in blue text. Click on this and a window will open with reference to a .exe file which allows you to save it.

For example, if you have ordered SSE download version using a laptop, just use it to see if your order and payment has been received by shipsim.com and if all is good you will also be able to see the .exe file and the license key.  You should not install the game on the laptop since you wish to use it on the desk top. Use your laptop only for checking. When you get your desktop after repairs, access shipsim.com from there and then download the .exe file and install it permanently. As Fred had told you, SSE can only be installed on ONE computer legally.

Remember, that you are now the legal owner of the downloaded version of SSE and the license key. It will ALWAYS be there in your shipsim.com account but I would advise you to note down the license key and keep it safely somewhere.

As for transferring the downloaded game - in case you have saved the .exe file on your laptop, you can "CUT and paste" into a flash drive or an external hard drive and then again "CUT and paste" it into your repaired desktop. In case you have INSTALLED the game in your laptop you will find it in this path:-
Program files ---> Vstep ----> ShipSimExtremes. You can CUT (not copy) and paste it into the Program files folder of your repaired desktop. If you already have a Vstep folder in your desktop paste it there.

(MODERATOR(S) - please feel free to correct me if any information I have posted is wrong or illegal. Apologies in advance !!  >:( >:(  )

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

nathan.rail

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 19:35:33 »

Thank you. I will buy it today  :2thumbs: in a few moments.

I can't wait to have my copy of SSE  ;D ;D ;D

Happy Christmas  ;D

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member

Which brings up other questions.
I have the Steam-bought version of SSE.

At some time in future when I can afford, I'd like to upgrade to a better computer system (my current computer is getting rather old now).
Or maybe I simply want to transfer my games over to a larger hard-drive at some point as well.

I notice in the SSE folder there's a "Unregister.exe" file. In what instance should this file be run?
Would I first have to run the "Unregister.exe" file before I transfer or install SSE on a different computer or different hard-drive? And does this also mean I would need to "Unregister" my key here on my account here on this forum and reenter again after reinstalling SSE?

Or, what if something bad happens like my hard-drive suddenly fails, and I need to reinstall the game on a new drive, but because of the failed hard-drive I didn't have a chance to run the "Unregister.exe", would I still then be able to install and run SSE again?

Or does SSE have a 1-only activation limit, and in case of something like a failed hard-drive and needed to reinstall, would I need to try and contact SSE support here and explain my situation?

For the time being, all is well and I'm enjoying SSE on my old computer I'm currently using it on.
But I ask these questions for future reference in case or when something happens such as my wanting to upgrade to a new computer, different hard-drive, or if my current hard-drive fails.

Steam is a form of DRM in itself which I'm fine with using, and Steam provides several other benefits too (and with Steam supposedly you can install your games on more than one computer, so people could play on their desktop when at home or a laptop for when traveling for example, but you can only run the games linked to an account on one computer at a time).

So, I guess I'm asking for some clarification on some of the points I bring up and also wondering how many "activation limits", if any, does SSE have?
Each day is a gift. Enjoy! :)

vin_sun

• Global Moderator

Hi Don,

I am not a user of the Steam version of SSE and I had opted for the DVD version. I would say that you are one of the "aces" when it comes to the Steam versions of SSE given your posts. Pardon me, I will not be able to offer firm answers for some of your queries but I would like to pitch in a wee bit

The "Unregister.exe" ....
It seems to be more for addressing "black screen" problems . Please read this post and I hope it may help get some answers for you.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20593.msg279599.html#msg279599

To the best of my knowledge I don't think you have to run the "Unregister.exe"  before transferring your game to another machine. Further once you have registered your copy of SSE in your Profile in the Forum it will always be there.

In the case of a hard drive crash I suppose it can be assumed that whatever was on it can never be retrieved or in other words, a "perfect" uninstall !!  ;D ;D Yes, you can reinstall SSE again on a new hard disk. The same EULA applies like for any other software which simply says that it can be installed only on ONE computer. Fred, has made this very clear in an earlier post in this thread.

SSE does not require any online activation. You may have observed during the process of installation, it asks you for the License key.  The main thing is that it can exist only on ONE computer. In the event you want to transfer the whole game to another computer you HAVE TO uninstall it from the existing computer.

To quote my own example, when I got my new upgraded PC, I uninstalled SS2008 completely from the hard drive of my older PC and then conducted a fresh install on my new PC. In the event one does not uninstall the software, needless to say, the second installation on another PC will be considered illegal or pirated

Please read Mad_Fred's earlier post in this thread regarding the same matter.

(Any Moderator reading this post, please feel free to make amendments to anything that I have said in the event the information is wrong or misleading. Apologies in advance !!! Thanks !)

Regards
vin_sun

mvsmith

Hi Don,

Briefly, unregister.exe removes information from your computer’s registry. It should not affect your forum profile.
You will need to enter your keys into the game to unlock it after you reinstall, but you remain the registered user.

As I’m sure you know, there are a large number of different keys that will unlock the game, but only one unique key for registering on the forum.
This is important to remember when it comes to the on-line activities—MP, in-game mission download, etc. You might have more than one copy of the game—for use on two computers, or in SS08, an early DVD and the Collector’s Edition. The keys will be interchangeable for unlocking the game if both DVDs were stamped from the same master. However, when you attempt to connect on-line the key that unlocked the game is compared against your registered keys in your profile. That is why it is important to register every key, even though you may think it unnecessary.

The above applies to the VSTEP registration process, not to any additional STEAM requirements.

Regards,
Marty

I may not have directly answered your “activation limit” question, but vin_sun has.
There is no on-line activation as such. The registration in your profile affects only your access to sections of the forum, not your access to the game. The latter is entirely a local process.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 21:42:03 by mvsmith »

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 21:34:04 »

Thanks for the replies guys.
No worries, I only intend to run my SSE on my computer for my own personal use.
I was just wondering about for when I upgrade to a newer computer, different hard-drive or in case of a hard-drive-crash (hopefully a hd-crash won't happen, but ya never know).

But it's good to know that I should be able to install SSE again, with hopefully no problems, if and when the need should arise.
Cheers!

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 07:27:38 »

Hi LoneWolfDon
Regarding Steam I have 2 game's registerd on steam and have no problems regarding
both once registered with them you can download the game anytime from you'r libary
no restriction on the amount of time's you download it.
                                                                             Eric

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 07:38:16 »

Hi Sadsid. Thanks for the comments.

Yes, I know that I can download any games linked to my Steam account as many times as I like. That's one of the good benefits of buying games through Steam.

My questions was more regarding SSE's registration / activation-limit procedures, and if I would have to "un-register" and "re-register" SSE if I wanted to install SSE on a different computer or hard-drive at some point.

Cheers.  :)

TJK

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 09:29:56 »

You do not need to unregister the game from forum profile, if you want to install sse on pc 2only thing you most do are  uninstall it from the first one

TJK_Tore

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 10:46:08 »

My questions was more regarding SSE's registration / activation-limit procedures, and if I would have to "un-register" and "re-register" SSE if I wanted to install SSE on a different computer or hard-drive at some point.

Hi Don,

I wanted to give you some more information regarding this matter last night but since I was unsure I took Mad_Fred's (Fred from now on  8)) assistance for clarification (Thanks Fred !  :thumbs:)

In your Profile you will observe an "Unregister" button on the right of your Registered License Key

This feature / option can be used in the event:-
(A) You decide to delete your Forum account for whatever the reason may be.
(B) You wish to pass on your copy of any Ship Simulator product to a friend, etc so that he can register it on
     the Forum and avail access to all the boards. But of course as per the terms of the EULA, only after you
     completely uninstall it from your computer.

Regards
vin_sun

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 11:28:38 »

Thanks again.

I much enjoy SSE and I definitely plan on keeping using it, so I don't think I'll ever need to unregister my key here for it on my account. 

At some point when I can finally afford to upgrade to a new computer, then of course I would use SSE on the new computer and no longer on the old one.

Cheers.  :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines